Main Outcome Measurements
Abbreviations:ASGE (American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy), NBI (narrow-band imaging), PIVI (ASGE preservation and incorporation of valuable endoscopic innovations)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Annual report to the nation on the status of cancer, 1975-2006, featuring colorectal cancer trends and impact of interventions (risk factors, screening, and treatment) to reduce future rates.Cancer. 2010; 116: 544-573
- Prevention of colorectal cancer by colonoscopic polypectomy.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1977-1981
- Risk of advanced proximal neoplasms in asymptomatic adults according to the distal colorectal findings.N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 169-174
- Association of colonoscopy and death from colorectal cancer.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 1-8
- American College of Gastroenterology guidelines for colorectal cancer screening 2009.Am J Gastroenterol. 2009; 104: 739-750
- Narrow-band imaging without optical magnification for histologic analysis of colorectal polyps.Gastroenterology. 2009; 136: 1174-1181
- Recognition of surface mucosal and vascular patterns of colon polyps by using narrow-band imaging: interobserver and intraobserver agreement and prediction of polyp histology.Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: 716-722
- Optical diagnosis of small colorectal polyps at routine colonoscopy (Detect InSpect ChAracterise Resect and Discard; DISCARD trial): a prospective cohort study.Lancet Oncol. 2009; 10: 1171-1178
- Accuracy for optical diagnosis of small colorectal polyps in nonacademic settings.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 10: 1016-1020
- Resect and discard strategy in clinical practice: a prospective cohort study.Endoscopy. 2012; 44: 899-904
- A resect and discard strategy would improve cost-effectiveness of colorectal cancer screening.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010; 8 (869 e1-3): 865-869
- Differentiating adenomas from hyperplastic colorectal polyps: narrow-band imaging can be learned in 20 minutes.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 572-576
- Development and validation of a training module on the use of narrow-band imaging in differentiation of small adenomas from hyperplastic colorectal polyps.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 128-133
- The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy PIVI (Preservation and Incorporation of Valuable Endoscopic Innovations) on real-time endoscopic assessment of the histology of diminutive colorectal polyps.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 419-422
- Accuracy of in vivo optical diagnosis of colon polyp histology by narrow-band imaging in predicting colonoscopy surveillance intervals.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 75: 494-502
- Leaving distal colorectal hyperplastic polyps in place can be achieved with high accuracy by using narrow-band imaging: an observational study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 76: 374-380
- European guidelines for quality assurance in colorectal cancer screening and diagnosis.
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Lancet. 2007; 370: 1453-1457
- A consensus document on bowel preparation before colonoscopy: prepared by a task force from the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS), the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES).Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 63: 894-909
- Update on the Paris Classification of Superficial Neoplastic Lesions in the Digestive Tract.Endoscopy. 2005; 37: 570-578
- Screening and surveillance for the early detection of colorectal cancer and adenomatous polyps, 2008: a joint guideline from the American Cancer Society, the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer, and the American College of Radiology.Gastroenterology. 2008; 134: 1570-1595
- Validation of a simple classification system for endoscopic diagnosis of small colorectal polyps using narrow-band imaging.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 599-607
DISCLOSURE: Software and Web site support were provided by Olympus. No other financial relationships relevant to this publication were disclosed.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Hassan at [email protected]