Main Outcome Measurements
Abbreviations:BLI (blue laser imaging), FICE (flexible spectral imaging color enhancement), IEE (image-enhanced endoscopy), NBI (narrow-band imaging), WL (white light)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Genetic alterations during colorectal-tumor development.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 525-532
- Clinical outcome of endoscopic submucosal dissection versus endoscopic mucosal resection of large colorectal tumors as determined by curative resection.Surg Endosc. 2010; 24: 343-352
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of the colon: the Japanese technique.Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2001; 11: 519-535
- Safe procedure in endoscopic submucosal dissection for colorectal tumors focused on preventing complications.World J Gastroenterol. 2010; 16: 1688-1695
- Comparative study of conventional colonoscopy, chromoendoscopy, and narrow-band imaging systems in differential diagnosis of neoplastic and nonneoplastic colonic polyps.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 2711-2716
- A randomised tandem colonoscopy trial of narrow band imaging versus white light examination to compare neoplasia miss rates.Gut. 2008; 57: 1406-1412
- Narrow-band imaging colonoscopy–a pilot feasibility study for the detection of polyps and correlation of surface patterns with polyp histologic diagnosis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2008; 67: 280-286
- Narrow band imaging (NBI) for adenoma detection in high risk patients: a randomized, controlled trial.Colorectal Dis. 2012; 14: e771-e778
- Live image processing does not increase adenoma detection rate during colonoscopy: a randomized comparison between FICE and conventional imaging (Berlin Colonoscopy Project 5, BECOP-5).Am J Gastroenterol. 2010; 105: 2383-2388
- Computed virtual chromoendoscopy versus standard colonoscopy with targeted indigocarmine chromoscopy: a randomised multicentre trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: 734-741
- Does autofluorescence imaging videoendoscopy system improve the colonoscopic polyp detection rate?–a pilot study.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 1926-1932
- The ability of a novel blue laser imaging system for the diagnosis of invasion depth of colorectal neoplasms.J Gastroenterol. 2014; 49: 73-80
- The ability of a novel blue laser imaging system for the diagnosis of colorectal polyps.Dig Endosc. 2014; 26: 250-258
Miyaki R, Yoshida S, Tanaka S, et al. A computer system to be used with laser-based endoscopy for quantitative diagnosis of early gastric cancer. J Clin Gastroenterol. Epub 2014 Feb 27.
- Present and future status of flexible spectral imaging color enhancement and blue laser imaging technology.Dig Endosc. 2014; 26: 105-115
- The Paris endoscopic classification of superficial neoplastic lesions: esophagus, stomach, and colon–November 30 to December 1, 2002.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 58: S3-S43
- Hamilton S.R. Aaltonen L.A. World Health Organization classification of tumors. Pathology and genetics of tumours of the digestive system. IARC Press, Lyon, France2010: 104-109
- Narrow-band imaging magnification predicts the histology and invasion depth of colorectal tumors.Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: 631-636
- A meta-analysis for evaluating the accuracy of endoscopy with narrow band imaging in detecting colorectal adenomas.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 27: 882-887
- Narrow-band imaging does not improve detection of colorectal polyps when compared to conventional colonoscopy: a randomized controlled trial and meta-analysis of published studies.BMC Gastroenterol. 2011; 11: 100
- Narrow-band imaging with dual focus magnification in differentiating colorectal neoplasia.Dig Endosc. 2013; 25: 16-20
DISCLOSURE: Dr Itoh received support from AstraZeneca Co, Ltd, Eisai Co, Ltd; Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd; MSD KK; Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co, Ltd; Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd; FUJIFILM Medical Co, Ltd; Merck Serono Co; and Bristol-Myers KK. Dr Yagi received support from AstraZeneca Co, Ltd; Eisai Co, Ltd; Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd; MSD KK; Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co, Ltd; Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd; Fujifilm Medical Co, Ltd; and Merck Serono Co. Dr Naito received support from Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd (J132003243) and Takeda Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd (J132003379 and J132003384). All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this article.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Yoshida at [email protected]