Background and Aims
Abbreviations:CECT (contrast-enhanced CT), EUS-RFA (EUS–guided radiofrequency ablation), PNET (pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor), RFA (radiofrequency ablation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Accurate preoperative localization of insulinomas avoids the need for blind resection and reoperation: analysis of a single institution experience with 17 surgically treated tumors over 19 years.J Gastrointest Surg. 2009; 13: 1071-1077
- Radio-frequency ablation for symptom control in a patient with metastatic pancreatic insulinoma.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2002; 56: 557-559
- Treatment efficacy of radiofrequency ablation of 338 patients with hepatic malignant tumor and the relevant complications.World J Gastroenterol. 2005; 11: 6395-6401
- Selective thermocoagulation of unresectable pancreatic cancers by using radiofrequency capacitive heating.Pancreas. 2000; 20: 14-20
- Necrotizing pancreatitis after radiofrequency destruction of pancreatic tumours.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2004; 30: 85-87
- Radiofrequency ablation for locally advanced cancer of the pancreas.JOP. 2006; 7: 1-4
- Radiofrequency ablation in pancreatic cancer.HPB (Oxford). 2006; 8: 61-64
- High operative risk of cool-tip radiofrequency ablation for unresectable pancreatic head cancer.J Surg Oncol. 2006; 94: 392-395
- High operative risk of cool-tip radiofrequency ablation for unresectable pancreatic head cancer.J Surg Oncol. 2007; 96: 89-90
- Radiofrequency ablation combined with palliative surgery may prolong survival of patients with advanced cancer of the pancreas.Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2007; 392: 55-60
- Treatment of unresectable pancreatic carcinoma by radiofrequency ablation with 'cool-tip needle': report of 18 cases [Chinese].Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008; 88: 391-394
- EUS-guided radiofrequency ablation in the pancreas: results in a porcine model.Gastrointest Endosc. 1999; 50: 392-401
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided radiofrequency ablation (EUS-RFA) of the pancreas in a porcine model.Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2012; 2012: 431-451
- EUS-guided radiofrequency ablation of the porcine pancreas.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 76: 1039-1043
- Radiofrequency pancreatic ablation and section of the main pancreatic duct does not lead to necrotizing pancreatitis.Pancreas. 2014; 43: 938-945
- Successful arterial embolization of an insulinoma.JAMA. 1982; 248: 1353-1355
- Arterial embolization as definitive treatment for benign insulinoma of the pancreas.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 1992; 3: 639-644
- Embolization of an insulinoma of the pancreas with trisacryl gelatin microspheres as definitive treatment.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2008; 31: 659-662
- EUS-guided alcohol ablation of an insulinoma.Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 63: 1059-1062
- Successful endoscopic ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation of a sporadic insulinoma.Acta Gastroenterol Belg. 2008; 71: 333-337
- Treatment of insulinomas with alcoholic ablation [Danish].Ugeskr Laeger. 2012; 174: 501-502
- Radiofrequency ablation of solitary pancreatic insulinoma in a patient with episodes of severe hypoglycemia.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009; 21: 1097-1101
- CT fluoroscopy-guided transcaval radiofrequency ablation of insulinoma.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2011; 22: 409-410
- Endoscopic ultrasound guided radiofrequency ablation for pancreatic cystic neoplasms and neuroendocrine tumors.World J Gastrointest Surg. 2015; 7: 52-59
- Radiofrequency ablation of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors; a pilot study of feasibility, efficacy, and safety.Pancreas. 2014; 43: 938-945
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Lakhtakia at [email protected] .