Background and Aims
Abbreviations:NICE (Needle Identification Comparison and Evaluation), NICE-E (NICE endosonographers), NICE-R (NICE radiologists), SED (shaft echo-definition), TED (tip echo-definition)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Endoscopic ultrasonography with guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in pancreatic disease.Gastrointest Endosc. 1992; 38: 172-173
- Endosonographically-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy of malignant lesions in the upper gastrointestinal tract.Endoscopy. 1993; 25: 523-527
- A new biopsy handle instrument for endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy.Gastrointest Endosc. 1996; 43: 238-242
- EUS accessories.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 66: 1076-1081
- EUS-guided tissue acquisition: an evidence-based approach (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 80: 939-959
- Interventional EUS.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 1-4
- In-vitro visualization of biopsy needles with ultrasound: a comparative study of standard and echogenic needles using an ultrasound phantom.Clin Radiol. 2001; 56: 499-502
- Needle echogenicity in sonographically guided regional anesthesia: blinded comparison of 4 enhanced needles and validation of visual criteria for evaluation.J Ultrasound Med. 2013; 32: 143-148
- Ultrasound visibility of needles used for regional nerve block: an in vitro study.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2004; 29: 480-488
- Relative ultrasonographic echogenicity of standard, dimpled, and polymeric-coated needles.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2000; 11: 351-358
- Changes in ultrasonographic echogenicity and visibility of needles with changes in angles of insonation.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2003; 14: 1553-1557
- Compound imaging technology and echogenic needle design: effects on needle visibility and tissue imaging.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2013; 38: 452-455
- A review of the benefits and pitfalls of phantoms in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2011; 36: 162-170
- A review of tissue substitutes for ultrasound imaging.Ultrasound Med Biol. 2010; 36: 861-873
- Tissue harmonic imaging, frequency compound imaging, and conventional imaging: use and benefit in breast sonography.J Ultrasound Med. 2007; 26: 1041-1051
- Contribution of tissue harmonic imaging and frequency compound imaging in interventional breast sonography.J Ultrasound Med. 2006; 25: 845-855
- Needle-related ultrasound artifacts and their importance in anaesthetic practice.Br J Anaesth. 2014; 112: 794-802
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships relevant to this publication: P. Vilmann, A. Saftoiu: Advisory board members for Medi-Globe; P. Fink: Employee of Medi-Globe. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.