Intraductal papillary tumor of the pancreas typically produces large amounts of mucin and is commonly termed intraductal papillary mucinous tumor. This is a report of a rare case of nonmucin-producing intraductal papillary tumor of the pancreas in a young woman. Although mucin production is not evident macroscopically, such tumors may exhibit histologic evidence of mucin production, but this also was lacking in this case. Intraductal papillary tumor of the pancreas without microscopic evidence of mucin production is extremely rare and even more unusual in a young patient.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diagnosis of mucin-producing tumor of the pancreas by balloon-catheter endoscopic retrograde pancreatography compression study.Hepatogastroenterology. 1998; 45: 1986-1995
- Papillomatose und carcinom des gangsystems der bauchspeicheldruse.Virchows Arch. 1936; 297: 207-220
- Four cases of mucous secreting pancreatic cancer.Prog Dig Endosc. 1982; 20: 348-351
- An introduction to mucin-producing tumors of the pancreas.Hepatogastroenterology. 1998; 45: 1967-1972
- A case of non-mucin producing intraductal papillary carcinoma of the pancreas.J Jpn Pancreas Soc. 1993; 8: 207-212
- A case of minute intraductal papillary adenoma in main pancreatic duct with acute pancreatitis as the first diagnosis clue.Nippon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 1997; 94: 310-314
- A case of intraductal papilloma of the pancreas with pathological study.J Jpn Pancreas Soc. 1987; 2: 112-117
- Carcinoma in intraductal papillary adenoma of the pancreas, report of a case.Stomach Intestine. 1988; 23: 842-847
- Minute intraductal papillary adenocarcinoma diagnosed by endoscopic pancreatic biopsy, report of a case.Stomach Intestine. 1988; 23: 869-876
- The observation on intraductal spreading of papillary adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.J Jpn Pancreas Soc. 1988; 3: 83-87
- Minute intraductal papillary adenocarcinoma with multiple cysts of the pancreas, report of a case.Stomach Intestine. 1990; 25: 216-220
- A case of multiple intraductal papillary adenocarcinoma associated with scirrhous carcinoma of the pancreas.J Biliary Tract Pancreas. 1993; 14: 567-572
- A case of non-mucin producing intraductal papillary carcinoma of the pancreas with cystic dilatation of the main pancreatic duct.J Biliary Tract Pancreas. 1995; 16: 167-172
- A case of intraductal papillary adenoma with scant mucin production of the pancreas.Gastroenterological Endosc. 1996; 38: 2906-2912
- Variant of intraductal carcinoma (with scant mucin production) is of main pancreatic duct origin: a clinicopathological study of four patients.Am J Gastroenterol. 1996; 91: 798-800
- A case of poor-mucin producing intraductal papillary adenocarcinoma of the pancreas that extended into the caudal pancreatic duct.J Biliary Tract Pancreas. 1999; 14: 27-32
☆Reprint requests: Yoshinori Watanabe, MD, Department of Internal Medicine, Second Teaching Hospital, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 3-6-10, Otobashi, Nakagawa-ku, Nagoya 454-8509, Japan.
© 2001 American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.