Primary gastric high-grade mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma is generally considered refractory to eradication therapy for Helicobacter pylori and therefore is usually treated by surgical resection or by chemotherapy with or without irradiation as for malignant lymphoma.
- Schechter NR
- Portlock CS
- Yahalom J.
Treatment of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the stomach.
J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 1916-1921
2There are several reports of regression of primary gastric high-grade MALT lymphoma after eradication therapy of H pylori alone.
- Durr ED
- Bonner JA
- Strickler JG
- Martenson JA
- Chen MG
- Habermann TM
- et al.
Management of stage I E primary gastric lymphoma.
Acta Haematol. 1995; 94: 59-68
- Boot H
- Jong D
- Heerde PV
- Taal B.
Role of Helicobacter pylori eradication in high-grade MALT lymphoma.
Lancet. 1995; 346: 448-449
- Ng W-W
- Lam C-P
- W KG
- Chau W-K
- Li AF-Y
- Huang C-C
- et al.
Regression of high-grade gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma with Helicobacter pylori after triple antibiotic therapy.
Gastrointest Endosc. 2000; 51: 93-96
5This is a description of a case of gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphoma that regressed after eradication therapy for H pylori, and a discussion of the potential use of this form of treatment.
- Parsonnet J
- Hansen S
- Rodriguez L
- Gelb AB
- Warnke RA
- Jellum E
- et al.
Helicobacter pylori infection and gastric lymphoma.
N Engl J Med. 1994; 330: 1267-1271
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Treatment of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the stomach.J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 1916-1921
- Management of stage I E primary gastric lymphoma.Acta Haematol. 1995; 94: 59-68
- Role of Helicobacter pylori eradication in high-grade MALT lymphoma.Lancet. 1995; 346: 448-449
- Regression of high-grade gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma with Helicobacter pylori after triple antibiotic therapy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2000; 51: 93-96
- Helicobacter pylori infection and gastric lymphoma.N Engl J Med. 1994; 330: 1267-1271
- Regression of primary low grade B-cell gastric lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue type after eradication of Helicobacter pylori.Lancet. 1993; 342: 575-577
- Eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection in primary gastric lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue.Ann Intern Med. 1995; 122: 767-769
- Helicobacter pylori eradication for the treatment of low-grade gastric MALT lymphoma: follow-up together with sequential molecular studies.Ann Oncol. 1997; 8: 37-39
- Regression of gastric MALT lymphoma after eradication of Helicobacter pylori is predicted by endosonographic staging.Gastroenterology. 1997; 113: 1087-1090
- Relationship between high-grade lymphoma and low-grade B-cell mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma (MALToma) of the stomach.Am J Pathol. 1990; 136: 1153-1164
- Regression of gastric lymphoma with therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection.Ann Int Med. 1997; 127 ([letter]): 247
- Regression of primary gastric lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue type after cure of Helicobacter pylori infection.Lancet. 1995; 345: 1591-1594
- Apparent spontaneous regression of primary malignant lymphoma of the stomach.Endoscopy. 1992; 24: 735-736
- Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the rectum that regressed spontaneously.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2000; 15: 331-335
- Spontaneous regression of an anaplastic large cell lymphoma in the oral cavity: first reported case and review of the literature.Oral Oncol. 1999; 35: 609-613
- Regression of duodenal mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma after eradication of Helicobacter pylori.Gastroenterol. 1996; 111: 1674-1678
- Regression of colonic low grade B cell lymphoma of the mucosa associated lymphoid tissue type after eradication therapy.Gut. 2000; 46: 133-135
- Regression of salivary gland MALT lymphoma after treatment for Helicobacter pylori.Lancet. 1996; 348: 268-269
- Treatment of alpha chain disease. Results of prospective study in 21 Tunisian patients by the Tunisian-French International Study Group.Cancer. 1989; 63: 1251-1256
- Helicobacter heilmannii-associated primary gastric low grade MALT lymphoma: complete remission after curing the infection.Gastroenterol. 2000; 118: 821-828
☆Reprint requests: Mitsushige Sugimoto, MD, The First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1-20-1, Handayama, Hamamatsu, 431-3192, Japan.
© 2001 American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.