This is a report of the closure of a distal esophagopleural fistula by using a combination of heat probe coagulation and endoscopic suturing in an elderly man with persisting symptoms.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Esophageal perforations and fistulas: Review of 36 cases with operative closure of 4 chronic fistulas.Ann Surg. 1973; 177: 788-797
- Endoscopic management of esophagorespiratory fistulas: expanding our options with expandable stents.Am J Gastroenterol. 1998; 93: 496-499
- Palliation of malignant dysphagia and fistulae with coated expandable metal stents: experience with 101 patients.Gastrointest Endosc. 1998; 48: 172-179
- Improving results of esophageal stenting: a study on 160 consecutive unselected patients.Endoscopy. 1997; 29: 701-709
- Endoscopic treatment of recurrent tracheoesophageal fistulae: long-term results.Peds Surg Int. 1998; 13: 256-258
- Successful long-term endoscopic closure of a recurrent tracheoesophageal fistula with fibrin glue in a child.Int J Pod Otorhinolaryngol. 1999; 48: 259-263
- Esophagopleural fistula treated endoscopically with argon beam electrocoagulation and clips.Gastrointest Endosc. 1999; 50: 407-409
- A prospective randomized trial of heater probe thermocoagulation versus injection therapy in peptic ulcer hemorrhage.Gastrointest Endosc. 1996; 43: 117-120
- Endoscopic gastroplasty for gastroesophageal reflux disease.Gastrointest Endosc. 2000; 51 ([abstract]): AB144
- Transoral endoscopic suturing for gastroesophageal reflux disease: a multicenter trial. 2000; 51 ([abstract]): AB143
☆Reprint requests: Christopher J. Gostout, MD, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St., SW, Rochester, MN 55905.
© 2001 American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.