Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber syndrome (KTWS) is a rare syndrome characterized by the triad of a port-wine stain of an extremity, varicose veins, and bony, soft-tissue hypertrophy of the affected limb.
1The GI tract may also be involved, and patients may present with symptoms of bleeding, pain, and diarrhea.
- Klippel M
- Trenaunay P.
Du naevus variqueux osteohypertrophique.
Arch Gen Med (Paris). 1900; 185: 641-672
2This is a report of a patient with KTWS and an atypical presentation in whom duplex EUS was helpful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Weber FP.
Angioma formation in connection with hypertrophy of limbs and hemihypertrophy.
Br J Dermatol Syph. 1907; 19: 231-235
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Du naevus variqueux osteohypertrophique.Arch Gen Med (Paris). 1900; 185: 641-672
- Angioma formation in connection with hypertrophy of limbs and hemihypertrophy.Br J Dermatol Syph. 1907; 19: 231-235
- Surgical implications of Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome.Ann Surg. 1983; 197: 353-362
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome: clinical features, complications and management in children.Br J Surg. 1995; 82: 757-761
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome with pulmonary vein varicosity.Arch Dermatol. 1973; 108: 111-113
- Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber syndrome: appearance in utero.J Ultrasound Med. 1983; 2: 515-518
- The use of ultrasound in the venous assessment of lower limb Klippel-Trenauray syndrome.Eur J Radiol. 1994; 18: 224-226
- The Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome: varicosity, hypertrophy and hemangioma with no arteriovenous fistula.Ann Surg. 1965; 162: 303-314
- The Klippel and Trenaunay syndrome: clinical and radiological aspects.Radiology. 1978; 128: 429-434
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome: a review.Can J Surg. 1983; 26: 399-403
- Treatment of children with port-wine stains using the flashlamp-pulsed dye tunable laser.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 416-421
☆Reprint requests: Maurits J. Wiersema, MD, 200 First Street, SW, Mayo Clinic, Eisenberg 8A, Rochester, MN 55905.
© 2001 American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.