Covered self-expandable metal stents (SEMSs) dedicated for colonic use are unavailable in the United States.
1Closure of colonic fistulae and leaks is feasible using covered esophageal SEMSs, but their short-length, non–through-the-scope (TTS) delivery systems are difficult to pass through tortuous anatomy. We describe a novel over-the-scope (OTS) technique to place an esophageal partially covered SEMS (PC-SEMS) in the colon.
- Lim C.H.
- Kim S.W.
- Kim J.S.
- et al.
Successful palliation of a gastrocolic fistula secondary to gastric cancer by insertion of a covered colonic stent.
Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 1314-1317
Abbreviations:OTS (over-the-scope), PC-SEMS (partially covered self-expandable metal stent), SEMS (self-expandable metal stent), TTS (through-the-scope)
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Successful palliation of a gastrocolic fistula secondary to gastric cancer by insertion of a covered colonic stent.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 1314-1317
- Self-expanding covered esophageal ultraflex stent for palliation of malignant colorectal anastomotic obstruction complicated by multiple fistulas.Gastrointest Endosc. 2000; 51: 346-348
- Palliation of a malignant rectal stricture and rectovesical fistula with colonic stenting.Medscape J Med. 2008; 10: 243
- Endoscopic stenting of colovaginal fistula: the transanal and transvaginal “kissing” wire technique.JSLS. 2008; 12: 88-92
Published online: March 09, 2012
© 2012 American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.