Main Outcome Measurements
Abbreviations:ADR (adenoma detection rate), WLAVA (West Los Angeles Veterans Administration), CRC (colorectal cancer)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Screening/early detection model for colorectal cancer.Cancer. 1994; 74: 2023-2027
- Poor correlation between clinical impression, the small colonic polyp and their neoplastic risk.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 21: 563-568
- The National Polyp Study.Gastroenterology. 1990; 98: 371-379
- The natural history of adenomas.Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2010; 24: 271-280
- Colorectal cancer screening and surveillance: clinical guidelines and rationale-Update based on new evidence.Gastroenterology. 2003; 124: 544-560
- American College of Gastroenterology guidelines for colorectal cancer screening 2009 [corrected].Am J Gastroenterol. 2009; 104: 739-750
- ASGE guideline: colorectal cancer screening and surveillance.Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 63: 546-557
- Quality in the technical performance of colonoscopy and the continuous quality improvement process for colonoscopy: recommendations of the U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer.Am J Gastroenterol. 2002; 97: 1296-1308
- Fewer polyps detected by colonoscopy as the day progresses at a Veteran's Administration teaching hospital.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009; 7: 1217-1223
- Colonoscopic withdrawal times and adenoma detection during screening colonoscopy.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 2533-2541
- Fellow involvement may increase adenoma detection rates during colonoscopy.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 2841-2846
- Quality indicators for colonoscopy and the risk of interval cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1795-1803
- Regression analysis of count data.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge1998
- Colonoscopy reports and current state of performance measures.Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2010; 20: 685-697
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication. This research was supported by a Veterans Affairs Merit Award (IIR 08-310) to Dr Spiegel and an NIH training grant (T32DK07180-34) to Dr Wang.
See CME section; p. 108.
The opinions and assertions contained herein are the sole views of the authors and are not to be construed as official or as reflecting the views of the Department of Veteran Affairs.