Main Outcome Measurements
Abbreviations:ERF (esophagorespiratory fistula), SERF (stent-associated ERF), SES (self-expandable stent)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A controlled trial of an expansile metal stent for palliation of esophageal obstruction due to inoperable cancer.New Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1302-1307
- Stents for proximal esophageal cancer: a case-control study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 1098-1105
- Evolving role of self-expanding metal stents in the treatment of malignant dysphagia and fistulas.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 65: 70-76
- Expandable metal stents for the treatment of cancerous obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1681-1687
- Expandable stents for benign esophageal disease.Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2011; 21: 359-376
- Self-expanding plastic stents in treatment of benign esophageal conditions.Gastrointest Endosc. 2008; 67: 20-25
- Delayed complications after placement of self-expanding stents in malignant esophageal obstruction: treatment strategies and survival rate.Dig Dis Sci. 2008; 53: 334-340
- Palliation of malignant dysphagis and fistulae with coated expandable metal stents: experience with 101 patients.Gastrointest Endosc. 1998; 48: 172-179
- AJCC cancer staging manual.7th ed. Springer-Verlag, New York2010
- An electronic application for rapidly calculating Charlson comorbidity score.BMC Cancer. 2004; 4
- Expandable stents for malignant esophageal disease.Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2011; 21: 377-388
- Predictors of outcome of single-dose brachytherapy for the palliation of dysphagia from esophageal cancer.Brachytherapy. 2006; 5: 41-48
- Palliative chemotherapy in advanced gastrointestinal cancer.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2000; 12: 391-396
- Photodynamic therapy.Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2011; 21: 67-79
- Surgical palliation for Barrett's esophagus cancer.Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2009; 18: 547-560
- Human tissue responses to metal stents implanted in vivo for palliation of malignant stenosis.Gastrointest Endosc. 1996; 43: 596-602
- Radiologic localization of esophageal level: comparison with distance from incisor at endoscopy.Investigat Radiol. 2002; 37: 95-100
- Combined airway and oesophageal stenting in malignant airway-oesophageal fistulas: a prospective study.Eur Respir J. 2010; 36: 1370-1374
- Prior radiation and/or chemotherapy has no effect on the outcome of metal stent placement for oesophagogastric carcinoma.Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004; 16: 163-170
- Airway complications after covered stent placement for malignant esophageal stricture: special reference to radiation therapy.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012; 198: 453-459
- Prior radiation and chemotherapy increase the risk of life-threatening complications after insertion of metallic stents for esophagogastric malignancy.Gastrointest Endosc. 1996; 43: 196-203
- Single-dose brachytherapy versus metal stent placement for the palliation of dysphagia from oesophageal cancer: multicentre randomised trial.Lancet. 2004; 364: 1497-1504
- A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of endoscopic steroid injection therapy for recalcitrant esophageal peptic strictures.Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 2419-2425
- A randomized comparison of electrocautery incision with Savary bougienage for relief of anastamotic gastroesophageal strictures.Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 70: 849-855
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section; p. 280.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Topazian at [email protected]