Main Outcome Measurements
Abbreviations:APC (argon plasma beam coagulation), BE (Barrett's esophagus), HGD (high-grade dysplasia), LGD (low-grade dysplasia), PDT (photodynamic therapy), RFA (radiofrequency ablation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dysplasia and cancer in a large multicenter cohort of patients with Barrett's esophagus.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4: 566-572
- Dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus: limitations of current management strategies.Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 927-935
- Early adenocarcinoma in Barrett's oesophagus.Br J Surg. 1997; 84: 1470-1473
- Pro: esophagectomy is the treatment of choice for high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 2177-2179
- Significance of neoplastic involvement of margins obtained by endoscopic mucosal resection in Barrett's esophagus.Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 2380-2386
- Long-term survival following endoscopic and surgical treatment of high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus.Gastroenterology. 2007; 132: 1226-1233
- A comparison of endoscopic treatment and surgery in early esophageal cancer: an analysis of surveillance epidemiology and end results data.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 1340-1345
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence Web site.Barrett's oesophagus: ablative therapy for the treatment of Barrett's oesophagus. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, LondonIssued August 2010
- Endoscopic treatment of high-grade dysplasia and early stage cancer in Barrett's esophagus.Gastrointest Endosc. 2005; 61: 506-514
- Curative endoscopic resection of early esophageal adenocarcinomas (Barrett's cancer).Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 65: 3-10
- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of mucosal (T1a) esophageal adenocarcinoma in Barrett's esophagus.Gastroenterology. 2009; 137: 815-823
- Long-term results and risk factor analysis for recurrence after curative endoscopic therapy in 349 patients with high-grade intraepithelial neoplasia and mucosal adenocarcinoma in Barrett's oesophagus.Gut. 2008; 57: 1200-1206
- Stepwise radical endoscopic resection for eradication of Barrett's oesophagus with early neoplasia in a cohort of 169 patients.Gut. 2010; 59: 1169-1177
- Prevalence and predictors of recurrent neoplasia after ablation of Barrett's esophagus.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 697-703
- The development and validation of an endoscopic grading system for Barrett's esophagus: the Prague C & M criteria.Gastroenterology. 2006; 131: 1392-1399
- Photodynamic therapy with porfimer sodium for ablation of high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus: international, partially blinded, randomized phase III trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2005; 62: 488-498
- Radiofrequency ablation in Barrett's esophagus with dysplasia.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 2277-2288
- Complete Barrett's eradication endoscopic mucosal resection: an effective treatment modality for high-grade dysplasia and intramucosal carcinoma—an American single-center experience.Am J Gastroenterol. 2009; 104: 2684-2692
- Endoscopic resection for Barrett's high-grade dysplasia and early esophageal adenocarcinoma: an essential staging procedure with long-term therapeutic benefit.Am J Gastroenterol. 2010; 105: 1276-1283
- Circumferential EMR and complete removal of Barrett's epithelium: a new approach to management of Barrett's esophagus containing high-grade intraepithelial neoplasia and intramucosal carcinoma.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 57: 854-859
- Stepwise radical endoscopic resection is effective for complete removal of Barrett's esophagus with early neoplasia: a prospective study.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 1449-1457
- Stepwise radical endoscopic resection versus radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's oesophagus with high-grade dysplasia or early cancer: a multicentre randomised trial.Gut. 2011; 60: 765-773
- Acid suppression and reepithelialization after ablation of Barrett's esophagus.Dig Dis. 2000; 18: 232-239
- Detection of intestinal metaplasia after successful eradication of Barrett's esophagus with radiofrequency ablation.Dig Dis Sci. 2011; 56: 1996-2000
DISCLOSURE: C. Guarner-Argente received financial support from the Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Government of Spain (BAE grant 2010: BA10-00011) and from the Societat Catalana de Digestologia. G. Falk is a consultant for CDX and C2-Theraptutics. No other financial relationships relevant to this publication were disclosed.
See CME section; p. 280.