Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
A survey of America's physicians: practice patterns and perspectives. Survey conducted on behalf of The Physicians Foundation by Merritt Hawkins. Completed September 2012. Healthcarecomm.org [Internet]. Institute for Healthcare Communication. Accessed November 5, 2013.
Impact of Communication in Healthcare. Updated July 2011. Available at: http://healthcarecomm.org/about-us/impact-of-communication-in-healthcare. Accessed August 1, 2013.
Landro L. The talking cure for health care: improving the ways doctors communicate with their patients can lead to better care—and lower costs [Internet]. The Wall Street Journal. April 8, 2013. Available at: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323628804578346223960774296.html.
Beaulieu D. Poor communication ups risk of malpractice suits, patient nonadherence [Internet]. Fierce Practice Management. April 13, 2013. Available at: http://www.fiercepracticemanagement.com/story/poor-communication-ups-risk-malpractice-suits-patient-nonadherence/2013-04-10.
- Communication gaffes: a root cause of malpractice claims.Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent). 2003; 16: 157-161
PewInternet.org [Internet]. Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project 2013. Available at: http://www.pewinternet.org/∼/media/Files/Reports/2013/PIP_Smartphone_adoption_2013.pdf. Accessed August 15, 2013.
The IHCC.com [Internet]. The Institute for HealthCare Consumerism. The consumerization of healthcare: what patient experience means to our future. 2013. Available at: http://www.theihcc.com/en/communities/health_care_consumerism/the-consumerization-of-healthcare-what-patient-exp_h333dkhj.html. Accessed August 15, 2013.
Kavathia NH, Berggreen P, Gerkin R. Outcomes of smart phone application assisted bowel preparation for colonoscopy. Proc Dig Dis Wk 2013;May 18-21, Orlando, Florida.
Berggreen P. Innovation showcase: building brand and patient loyalty. Proceedings of ExperiaHealth CXO Roundtable April 17-18, 2013; San Francisco, California.
- Patient experiences with coordination of care: the benefit of continuity and primary care physician as referral source.J Gen Intern Med. 2009; 24: 170-177
- Referral and consultation communication between primary care and specialist physicians finding common ground.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 56-65
- Coordination of specialty referrals and physician satisfaction with referral care.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000; 154: 499-506
NCQA.org [Internet]. Patient centered specialty practice recognition program. National Committee for Quality Assurance. 2013. Available at: http://www.ncqa.org/Programs/Recognition/PatientCenteredSpecialtyPracticeRecognition.aspx. Accessed August 25, 2013.
- Leading by leveraging culture.Calif Manage Rev. 2003; 45: 20-34
DISCLOSURE: The author disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.