Main Outcome Measurements
Abbreviation:CFU (colony-forming unit)
- Multisociety guideline on reprocessing flexible gastrointestinal endoscopes: 2011.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 1075-1084
- Infectious disease complications of GI endoscopy: Part II, exogenous infections.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 57: 695-711
- Taylor A. Jones D. Everts R. Infection control in gastrointestinal endoscopy. 3rd ed. Gastroenterological Society of Australia, Victoria (Australia)2010
- Establishing the shelf life of flexible colonoscopes.Gastroenterol Nurs. 2002; 25: 114-119
- Extending the shelf-life of decontaminated flexible colonoscopes.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003; 18: 1004-1005
- Bacteriologic testing of endoscopes after high-level disinfection.Gastrointest Endosc. 2004; 60: 76-78
- Challenging endoscopy reprocessing guidelines: a prospective study investigating the safe shelf life of flexible endoscopes in a tertiary gastroenterology unit.Endoscopy. 2007; 39: 825-830
- Reprocessing flexible gastrointestinal endoscopies after a period of disuse: is it necessary?.Endoscopy. 2007; 39: 737-739
- Evaluation of medically significant bacteria in colonoscopes after 8 weeks of shelf life in open air storage.Gastroenterol Nurs. 2013; 36: 106-111
- Standards of infection control in reprocessing of flexible gastrointestinal endoscopes.Gastroenterol Nurs. 2013; 36: 293-303
- Establishing a clinically relevant bioburden benchmark: a quality indicator for adequate reprocessing and storage of flexible gastrointestinal endoscopes.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 233-236
- Transmission of infection by flexible gastrointestinal endoscopy and bronchoscopy.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2013; 26: 231-254
- Surveillance cultures of samples from biopsy channels and automated endoscope reprocessors after high-level disinfection of gastrointestinal endoscopes.BMC Gastroenterol. 2012; 12: 120
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this article. This study was supported by institutional funds for quality improvement at the Medical University of South Carolina.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Brock at [email protected] .
See CME section; p. 1237.