Main Outcome Measurements
Abbreviations:EGBD (endoscopic gallbladder drainage), PGBD (percutaneous gallbladder drainage)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Treatment of acute cholecystitis in non-critically ill patients at high surgical risk: comparison of clinical outcomes after gallbladder aspiration and after percutaneous cholecystostomy.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2001; 176: 1025-1031
- Endoscopic gallbladder drainage for management of acute cholecystitis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 1038-1045
- Systematic review of cholecystostomy as a treatment option in acute cholecystitis.HPB (Oxford). 2009; 11: 183-193
- Clinical outcomes of a percutaneous cholecystostomy for acute cholecystitis: a multicentre analysis.HPB (Oxford). 2013; 15: 511-516
- Bile secretion and the enterohepatic circulation of bile acids.in: Feldman M. Friedman L.S. Sleisenger M.H. Sleisenger and Fordtran's gastrointestinal and liver disease. 7th ed. Vol 1. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA2002: 1055
- Endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage in patients with acute cholecystitis in whom percutaneous transhepatic approach is contraindicated or anatomically impossible (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2008; 68: 455-460
- Selective cannulation of the cystic duct at time of ERCP.J Clin Gastroenterol. 1984; 6: 37-40
- Endoscopic management of acute cholecystitis.Gastrointest Endosc Clin North Am. 2013; 23: 453-459
- EUS-guided cholecystoenterostomy with single-step placement of a 7F double-pigtail plastic stent in patients who are unsuitable for cholecystectomy: a pilot study (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 634-640
- Clinical evaluation of a novel lumen-apposing metal stent for endosonography-guided pancreatic pseudocyst and gallbladder drainage (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 75: 870-876
- Feasibility and safety of EUS-guided transgastric/transduodenal gallbladder drainage with single-step placement of a modified covered self-expandable metal stent in patients unsuitable for cholecystectomy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 176-181
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided endoluminal drainage of the gallbladder.Dig Endosc. 2014; 26: 525-531
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided transmural and percutaneous transhepatic gallbladder drainage are comparable for acute cholecystitis.Gastroenterology. 2012; 142: 805-811
- Diagnostic criteria and severity assessment of acute cholecystitis: Tokyo guidelines.J Hepatobil Pancreat Surg. 2007; 14: 78-82
- Acute acalculous cholecystitis.Mayo Clin Proc. 1986; 64: 163-167
- Endoluminal transgastric endoscopic anastomosis of the gallbladder using an anchoring self-expanding metal stent.Endoscopy. 2013; 45: E164-E166
- Conversion of a percutaneous cholecystotomy tube into an internal cholecystogastrostomy using a novel anastomotic stent.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 81: 228-229
- Endoscopic gallbladder stenting for acute cholecystitis: a retrospective study of 46 elderly patients aged 65 years or older.BMC Gastroenterol. 2013; 13: 65
- Outcomes of endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder stenting for symptomatic gallbladder diseases: a multicenter prospective follow-up study.Endoscopy. 2011; 43: 702-708
DISCLOSURE: The following author disclosed financial relationships relevant to this publication: M. Kahaleh: Consultant for Boston Scientific and Xlumena; Research grants from Boston Scientific, Fuji, Pentax, MI Tech, EMcision, ASPIRE Bariatrics, GI Dynamics, W.L. Gore Associates, Cook Endoscopy, Apollo Endosurgery, and MaunaKea Tech. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section; p. 1105.