Background and Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Narrow-band imaging without optical magnification for histologic analysis of colorectal polyps.Gastroenterology. 2009; 136: 1174-1181
- Optical diagnosis of small colorectal polyps at routine colonoscopy (Detect inspect characterise resect and discard; DISCARD trial): a prospective cohort study.Lancet Oncol. 2009; 10: 1171-1178
- A quantitative assessment of the risks and cost savings of forgoing histologic examination of diminutive polyps.Endoscopy. 2011; 43: 683-691
- A resect and discard strategy would improve cost-effectiveness of colorectal cancer screening.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010; 8 (9 e1-3): 865-869
- Narrow band imaging to differentiate neoplastic and non-neoplastic colorectal polyps in real time: a meta-analysis of diagnostic operating characteristics.Gut. 2013; 62: 1704-1713
- Diagnostic performance of narrowed spectrum endoscopy, autofluorescence imaging, and confocal laser endomicroscopy for optical diagnosis of colonic polyps: a meta-analysis.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 1337-1347
- The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy PIVI (Preservation and Incorporation of Valuable Endoscopic Innovations) on real-time endoscopic assessment of the histology of diminutive colorectal polyps.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 419-422
- Risk factors for advanced adenomas amongst small and diminutive colorectal polyps: a prospective monocenter study.Dig Liver Dis. 2011; 43: 609-612
- Prevalence of advanced histological features in diminutive and small colon polyps.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 75: 1022-1030
- The risk of advanced histology in small-sized colonic polyps: Are non-invasive colonic imaging modalities good enough?.Int J Colorectal Dis. 2012; 27: 1071-1075
- Prevalence of advanced adenomas in small and diminutive colon polyps using direct measurement of size.Dig Dis Sci. 2011; 56: 2384-2388
- Malignancy risk of small polyps and related factors.Dig Dis Sci. 2007; 52: 2796-2799
- Yield of high-grade dysplasia based on polyp size detected at colonoscopy: a series of 2295 examinations following a positive fecal occult blood test in a population-based study.Dis Colon Rectum. 2010; 53: 339-345
- Polyp size and advanced histology in patients undergoing colonoscopy screening: implications for CT colonography.Gastroenterology. 2008; 135: 1100-1105
- Poor correlation between clinical impression, the small colonic polyp and their neoplastic risk.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 21: 563-568
- Prevalence of clinically important histology in small adenomas.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4: 343-348
- Clinical significance of small colorectal polyps.Dis Colon Rectum. 2004; 47: 481-485
- Correlation of the morphology and size of colonic polyps with their histology.Chang Gung Med J. 2003; 26: 339-343
- Histological assessment of colorectal adenomas by size. Are polyps less than 10 mm in size clinically important?.Euro J Surg (Acta Chirurgica). 2001; 167: 777-781
- Influence of patient age and colorectal polyp size on histopathology findings.Brazil Arch Digest Surg. 2014; 27 ([Portuguese]): 109-113
- Prediction of colorectal polyp pathologic lesions with image-enhanced endoscopy: What will it take to make it matter?.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 80: 1088-1093
DISCLOSURE: This work was funded by gifts from Scott and Kay Schurz of Bloomington, Indiana and Daniel and Joan Fitzgibbon of Indianapolis, Indiana to the Indiana University Foundation and for the support of research by Dr Rex. D. Rex received research support and consulting fees from Olympus. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this article.
See CME section; p. 389.