Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), ASGE (American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy), CI (confidence interval), CTCAE (Common Technology Criteria for Adverse Events), EUS-FNA (EUS-guided FNA), PCL (pancreatic cystic lesion), PSL (pancreatic solid lesion), IPMN (Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnostic and radiological management of cystic pancreatic lesions: important features for radiologists.Clin Radiol. 2012; 67: 727-737
- Prevalence of unsuspected pancreatic cysts on MDCT.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2008; 191: 802-807
- Prevalence of incidental pancreatic cysts in the adult population on MR imaging.Am J Gastroenterol. 2010; 105: 2079-2084
- Pancreatic cystic lesions: How endoscopic ultrasound morphology and endoscopic ultrasound fine needle aspiration help unlock the diagnostic puzzle.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 4: 247
- American Gastroenterological Association institute guideline on the diagnosis and management of neoplastic pancreatic cysts.Gastroenterology. 2015; 148: 819-822
- International consensus guidelines 2012 for the management of IPMN and MCN of the pancreas.Pancreatology. 2012; 12: 183-197
- Complications of endoscopic ultrasound fine needle aspiration on pancreatic cystic lesions: final results from a large prospective multicenter study.Dig Liver Dis. 2014; 46: 41-44
- Endosonography-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy: diagnostic accuracy and complication assessment.Gastroenterology. 1997; 112: 1087-1095
- Assessment of complications of EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration.Gastrointest Endosc. 2001; 53: 470-474
- Assessment of morbidity and mortality associated with EUS-guided FNA: a systematic review.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 283-290
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Clinical usefulness of KRAS mutational analysis in the diagnosis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma by means of endosonography-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2003; 17: 1299-1307
National Cancer Institute. Adverse Events/CTCAE. Available at: http://ctep.cancer.gov/protocolDevelopment/adverse_effects.htm. Accessed March 17, 2015.
- Adverse events associated with EUS and EUS with FNA.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 77: 839-843
- Complications of endoscopic ultrasound fine needle aspiration on pancreatic cystic lesions: Final results from a large prospective multicenter study.Dig Liver Dis. 2013; : 8-11
- EUS-guided fine needle aspiration of pancreatic cysts: a retrospective analysis of complications and their predictors.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005; 3: 231-236
- The safety of fine-needle aspiration guided by endoscopic ultrasound: a prospective study.Endoscopy. 2008; 40: 204-208
- Use of antimicrobials for EUS-guided FNA of pancreatic cysts: a retrospective, comparative analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 81-86
- Outcomes of endoscopy procedures: struggling towards definitions.Gastrointest Endosc. 1994; 40: 514-518
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Ginès at [email protected]