Background and Aims
Abbreviations:ASGE (American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy), CV (curriculum vitae)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2012 Physician specialty data book.Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington (DC)2012
Lautenberger DM, Dandar VM, Raezer CL et al; Association of American Medical Colleges. The state of women in academic medicine: the pipeline and pathways to leadership, 2013-2014. Available at: https://http://www.aamc.org/download/411782/data/2014_table1.pdf. Accessed on August 27, 2015.
- Graduate medical education, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2012; 308: 2264-2279
- Graduate medical education in the changing environment of medicine.JAMA. 1992; 268: 1097-1105
- Through a gender lens: a view of gender and leadership positions in a department of medicine.J Womens Health. 2015; 24: 837-842
- Women in US academic medicine and sciences: statistics and benchmarking report 2011-2012.AAMC. 2012; (Available at:) (Accessed July 27, 2015)
- Inadequate progress for women in academic medicine: findings from the National Faculty Study.J Womens Health. 2015; 24: 190-199
- Women don't ask: negotiation and the gender divide.Princeton University Press, Princeton (NJ)2003
- Women on professional society and journal editorial boards.J Natl Med Assoc. 2007; 99: 764-771
- Women otolaryngologist representation in specialty society membership and leadership positions.Laryngoscope. 2012; 122: 2428-2433
- The gender distribution of ASGE-sponsored program faculty [abstract].Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: AB166
Pew Research Center. On pay gap, millenial women near parity–for now. December 11, 2013. Available at: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/apr/09/genevieve-wood/what-pay-gap-young-women-out-earn-men-cities-gop-p/. Accessed August 28, 2015.
- Science faculty's subtle gender biases favor male students.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012; 109: 16474-16479
Center for Workforce Studies at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). 2014 Physician specialty data book center for workforce studies November 2014. Available at: https://members.aamc.org/eweb/upload/Physician%20Specialty%20Databook%202014.pdf. Accessed on August 27, 2015.
DISCLOSURES: This work was supported by National Institutes of Health National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, grant K08-DK090150-04 (A. Calderwood). The study sponsor had no role in study design; collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing the report; or the decision to submit the report for publication. A. Calderwood is supported by a Boston University Career Investment Award. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Calderwood at [email protected]