Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), fcSEMS (fully covered self-expandable metal stent), IV (intravenously), PEP (post-ERCP pancreatitis), SEMS (self-expandable metal stent), uSEMS (uncovered self-expandable metal stent)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Pancreatic and biliary stent.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 77: 319-327
- Palliative biliary stents for obstructing pancreatic carcinoma.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; 2: CD004200
- Efficacy and safety of self-expandable metal stents for biliary decompression in patients receiving neoadjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer: a prospective study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 76: 67-75
- Occlusion rate and complication rates of plastic biliary stents in patients undergoing palliative neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for pancreatic cancer with malignant biliary obstruction.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2010; 44: 452-455
- Self-expandable metal stents vs plastic stents for malignant biliary obstruction: a meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 256-267
- Multicenter randomized trial of wallstent biliary endoprosthesis versus plastic stents for distal malignant biliary obstruction.Gastrointest Endosc. 1993; 39: 310-316
- Cost efficacy of metal stents for palliation of extrahepatic bile duct obstruction in a randomized controlled trial.Gastroenterology. 2015; 149: 130-138
CONSORT website. Available at: www.consort-statement.org. Accessed October 2, 2015.
- Pretreatment assessment of resectable and borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: expert consensus statement.Ann Surg Oncol. 2009; 16: 1727-1733
- Neoadjuvant cetuximab, twice-weekly gemcitabine, and intensity modulated radiotherapy in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma.Ann Oncol. 2012; 23: 2820-2827
- Docetaxel/gemcitabine followed by gemcitabine and external beam radiotherapy in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma.Ann Surg Oncol. 2005; 12: 995-1004
- Phase 1 study of twice-weekly gemcitabine and concomitant external-beam radiotherapy in patients with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 1317-1322
- Percutaneous transhepatic metal versus plastic biliary stents in treating malignant biliary obstruction: randomized clinical trial.Radiology. 2002; 225: 27-34
- Percutaneous transhepatic metal versus plastic biliary stent in treating malignant biliary obstruction: a multiple center investigation.Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2003; 2: 594-597
- No benefit of endoscopic sphincterotomy before placement of self-expandable metal stents for unresectable pancreatic cancer.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015; 13: 1151-1158
DISCLOSURE: Dr Gardner is supported in part by NIH grant 1K23DK088832. All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Gardner at [email protected]