Background and Aims
Abbreviations:APC (argon plasma coagulation), CIP (cervical inlet patch), CR-CIP (complete reversal of cervical inlet patch), PPI (proton pump inhibitor), RFA (radiofrequency ablation), VAS (visual analog scale)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Schmidt FA. De mammalium oesophagus atque ventriculo [German]. Inaugural dissertation. Halle, Germany: Bethenea; 1805.
- Heterotopic gastric mucosa of the esophagus: literature-review and proposal of a clinicopathologic classification.Am J Gastroenterol. 2004; 99: 543-551
- Incidence of heterotopic gastric mucosa in the upper esophagus in first time narrow banding image endoscopy of consecutive 900 patients [abstract].Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: AB316-AB317
- Prevalence and clinical features of heterotopic gastric mucosa in the upper oesophagus (inlet patch).Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2000; 12: 745-749
- Prevalence of endoscopically identified heterotopic gastric mucosa in the proximal esophagus: endoscopist dependent?.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2007; 41: 468-471
- Globus hystericus.Aust Fam Physician. 2013; 42: 683
- The globus symptom. Incidence, therapeutic response, and age and sex relationships.Arch Otolaryngol. 1982; 108: 740-744
- Heterotopic gastric mucosa in the cervical oesophagus (inlet patch) and globus pharyngeus—an under-recognised association.J Laryngol Otol. 2007; 121: 885-888
- Inlet patch of gastric mucosa in upper esophagus causing chronic cough and vocal cord dysfunction.Ann Allerg Asthma Immunol. 2006; 96: 112-115
- Acid secretion from an esophageal inlet patch demonstrated by ambulatory pH monitoring.Gastroenterology. 1998; 115: 1574-1576
- Symptomatic ectopic gastric epithelium of the cervical esophagus. Demonstration of acid production with Congo red.Dig Dis Sci. 1986; 31: 337-342
- Argon plasma ablation of gastric inlet patches in the cervical esophagus may alleviate globus sensation: a pilot trial.Endoscopy. 2006; 38: 566-570
- Argon plasma coagulation of cervical heterotopic gastric mucosa as an alternative treatment for globus sensations.Gastroenterology. 2009; 137: 440-444
- Argon plasma coagulation of gastric inlet patches for the treatment of globus sensation: it is an effective therapy in the long term.Digestion. 2013; 88: 165-171
- Mucosal ablation devices.Gastrointest Endosc. 2008; 68: 1031
- The efficacy and safety of argon plasma coagulation therapy in Barrett's esophagus.Gastrointest Endosc. 1999; 50: 18-22
DISCLOSURE: The following author disclosed financial relationships relevant to this publication: J. M. Dunn: Educational grant recipient from Medtronic and Aquilant Endoscopy. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Dunn at [email protected]