Background and Aims
Abbreviations:BE (Barrett’s esophagus), OCT (optical coherence tomography), VLE (volumetric laser endomicroscopy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The role of overdiagnosis and reclassification in the marked increase of esophageal adenocarcinoma incidence.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 142-146
- ACG Clinical Guideline: Diagnosis and Management of Barrett’s Esophagus.Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111 (quiz 51): 30-50
- The incidence of adenocarcinoma and dysplasia in Barrett’s esophagus: report on the Cleveland Clinic Barrett’s Esophagus Registry.Am J Gastroenterol. 1999; 94: 2037-2042
- Radiofrequency ablation vs endoscopic surveillance for patients with Barrett esophagus and low-grade dysplasia: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1209-1217
- Radiofrequency ablation in Barrett’s esophagus with dysplasia.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 2277-2288
- Dysplasia and cancer in a large multicenter cohort of patients with Barrett’s esophagus.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4 ([abstract]): 566-572
- The new kid on the block for advanced imaging in Barrett’s esophagus: a review of volumetric laser endomicroscopy.Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2016; 9: 408-416
- Safety and feasibility of volumetric laser endomicroscopy in patients with Barrett’s esophagus (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 631-640
- Optical coherence tomography to identify intramucosal carcinoma and high-grade dysplasia in Barrett’s esophagus.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 4: 38-43
- Comparative diagnostic performance of volumetric laser endomicroscopy and confocal laser endomicroscopy in the detection of dysplasia associated with Barrett’s esophagus.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 83: 880-888.e2
- Finding a needle in a haystack: use of volumetric laser endomicroscopy in targeting focal dysplasia in long-segment Barrett’s esophagus.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 756-757
- Volumetric laser endomicroscopy can target neoplasia not detected by conventional endoscopic measures in long segment Barrett’s esophagus.Endosc Int open. 2016; 4: E318-E322
- Volumetric laser endomicroscopy detects subsquamous Barrett’s adenocarcinoma.Am J Gastroenterol. 2014; 109: 298-299
- Interobserver agreement for the detection of Barrett’s esophagus with optical frequency domain imaging.Dig Dis Sci. 2013; 58 ([abstract]): 2261-2265
Swager A, Tearney GJ, Leggett CL, et al. Identification of Volumetric Laser Endomicroscopy features predictive for early neoplasia in Barrett's esophagus using high-quality histological correlation. Gastrointest Endosc. Epub 2016 Sep 19.
- Radiofrequency ablation for low-grade dysplasia in Barrettʼs esophagus.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2016; 32: 294-301
- Diagnosis of specialized intestinal metaplasia by optical coherence tomography.Gastroenterology. 2001; 120: 7-12
- Measuring nominal scale agreement among many raters.Psychol Bull. 1971; 76: 378-382
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Recurrent intestinal metaplasia after radiofrequency ablation for Barrett’s esophagus: endoscopic findings and anatomic location.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 1362-1369
DISCLOSURE: K. Chang, C. Lightdale, C. Leggett, M. Smith, and M. Wallace receive research funding from NinePoint Medical. D. Pleskow and M. Smith are consultants for NinePoint Medical. Massachusetts General Hospital has a licensing arrangement with NinePoint Medical. G. Tearney has the right to receive royalties from this licensing arrangement. G. Tearney also receives grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and iLumen Medical. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Trindade at [email protected]