Background and Aims
Abbreviations:BBPS (Boston Bowel Preparation Scale), BLI (blue laser image), CRC (colorectal cancer), IEE (image-enhanced endoscopic), LCI (linked color imaging), NBI (narrow-band imaging), WL (white light)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Guidelines for colonoscopy surveillance after screening and polypectomy: a consensus update by the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 844-857
- A tandem colonoscopy study of adenoma miss rates during endoscopic training: a venture into uncharted territory.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 75: 561-567
- Polyp miss rate determined by tandem colonoscopy: a systematic review.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 343-350
- Colonoscopic polypectomy and long-term prevention of colorectal-cancer deaths.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 687-696
- Analysis of colorectal cancer occurrence during surveillance colonoscopy in the dietary Polyp Prevention Trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2005; 61: 385-391
- A randomized, controlled trial of narrow-band imaging vs high-definition white light for adenoma detection in patients at high risk of adenomas.Colorectal Dis. 2012; 14: e771-e778
- Live image processing does not increase adenoma detection rate during colonoscopy: a randomized comparison between FICE and conventional imaging (Berlin Colonoscopy Project 5,BECOP-5).Am J Gastroenterol. 2010; 105: 2383-2388
- Does autofluorescence imaging videoendoscopy system improve the colonoscopic polyp detection rate?–a pilot study.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 1926-1932
- Present and future status of flexible spectral imaging color enhancement and blue laser imaging technology.Dig Endosc. 2014; 26: 105-115
- Laterally spreading tumor of the rectum delineated with linked color imaging technology.Clin Endosc. 2016; 49: 207-208
- The Boston bowel preparation scale: a valid and reliable instrument for colonoscopy-oriented research.Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: 620-625
- Total colonic dye-spray increases the detection of diminutive adenomas during routine colonoscopy: a randomized controlled trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2002; 56: 333-338
- A prospective randomized study on computed virtual chromoendoscopy versus conventional colonoscopy for the detection of small colorectal adenomas.Dig Dis Sci. 2010; 55: 2357-2364
- Narrow-band imaging in the diagnosis of colorectal mucosal lesions: a pilot study.Endoscopy. 2004; 36: 1094-1098
- Meta-analysis of narrow-band imaging versus conventional colonoscopy for adenoma detection.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 75: 604-611
- Narrow band imaging versus conventional white light colonoscopy for the detection of colorectal polyps.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 1: CD008361
- Blue laser imaging provides excellent endoscopic images of upper gastrointestinal lesions.Video J Encycl GI Endosc. 2014; 1: 607-610
- Cap-fitted colonoscopy: a randomized, tandem colonoscopy study of adenoma miss rates.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 775-781
- Standard forward-viewing colonoscopy versus full-spectrum endoscopy: an international, multicentre, randomised, tandem colonoscopy trial.Lancet Oncol. 2014; 15: 353-360
- Improvement in the visibility of colorectal polyps by using blue laser imaging (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 542-549
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section; p. 731.