Background and Aims
Abbreviations:BSS (Bristol Stool Scale), GSRS (Gastrointestinal Symptom Rating Scale), HD (Hirschsprung’s disease), IBS-QOL (Irritable Bowel Syndrome Quality of Life), MGH (Massachusetts General Hospital), RSB (rectal suction biopsy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hirschsprung’s disease, associated syndromes, and genetics: a review.J Med Genet. 2001; 38: 729-739
- Rectal suction biopsy in the diagnosis of intestinal dysganglionoses: 5-year experience with Solo-RBT in 389 patients.J Pediatr Surg. 2006; 41: 1043-1048
- At what age is a suction rectal biopsy less likely to provide adequate tissue for identification of ganglion cells?.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007; 44: 198-202
- Rectal biopsy for Hirschsprung’s disease: what is the optimum method?.Pediatr Surg Int. 1998; 13: 121-124
- Injury to the common iliac artery during suction rectal biopsy.J Pediatr Surg. 1995; 30: 111-112
- Problems and advantages of acetylcholinesterase histochemistry of rectal suction biopsies in the diagnosis of Hirschsprung’s disease.J Pediatr Surg. 1990; 25: 520-526
- Rectal suction biopsy: can it be sufficient to diagnose neuronal intestinal dysplasia?.Eur J Pediatr Surg. 1995; 5: 277-279
- The simple technique of rectal mucosal biopsy for the diagnosis of Hirschsprung’s disease.J Pediatr Surg. 1993; 28: 942-944
- History of endoscopic submucosal dissection and role for colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection: a Japanese perspective.Gastrointest Interv. 2012; 1: 30-35
- Endoscopic mucosal resection.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 57: 567-579
- Endoscopic mucosal resection.Gastroenterol Hepatol (NY). 2011; 7: 248-250
- An evaluation of colorectal endoscopic mucosal resection using high-magnification chromoscopic colonoscopy: a prospective study of 1000 colonoscopies.Endoscopy. 2004; 36: 491-498
- Clinical features, diagnostics and treatment of Hirschsprung’s disease in adults.Color Dis. 2010; 12: 1242-1248
DISCLOSURE: Dr. Kuo is a consultant for Takeda America Inc, Theravance Bipharma, Covidien/Given Imaging, Gelesis, GlaxoSmithKline, Ironwood, Vibrant Ltd., Entrega, and Genzyme. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr. Kuo at [email protected] .