Background and Aims
Abbreviations:BBS (benign biliary stricture), BDBS (biodegradable biliary stent), ERC (endoscopic retrograde cholangiography), FCSEMS (fully covered self-expanding metal stent), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Biodegradable stents in gastrointestinal endoscopy.World J Gastroenterol. 2014; 20: 2212-2217
- Biodegradation of absorbable sutures in body fluids and pH buffers.Eur Surg Res. 2004; 36: 376-385
- Polydioxanone (PDS), a novel monofilament synthetic absorbable suture.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1981; 153: 497-507
- Benign biliary strictures refractory to standard bilioplasty treated using polydoxanone biodegradable biliary stents: retrospective multicentric data analysis on 107 patients.Eur Radiol. 2016; 26: 4057-4063
- Biodegradable biliary stent in the endoscopic treatment of cystic duct leak after cholecystectomy: the first case report and review of literature.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2015; 25: 419-422
- Endoscopic biodegradable biliary stents in the treatment of benign biliary strictures: the first report in clinical use in patients.Dig Endosc. 2017; 29: 118-121
- Self-expandable biodegradable biliary stents in porcine model.J Surg Res. 2015; 193: 606-612
- In vivo evaluation of a new bioabsorbable self-expanding biliary stent.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 58: 777-784
- A novel biodegradable biliary stent in the normal duct hepaticojejunal anastomosis: an 18-month follow-up in a large animal model.J Gastrointest Surg. 2007; 11: 750-757
- Study of the hydrolytic degradation of polydioxanone PPDX.Polymer Degrad Stab. 2000; 69: 209-216
- Successful management of benign biliary strictures with fully covered self-expanding metal stents.Gastroenterology. 2014; 147 (quiz e15): 385-395
- Plastic biliary stents for benign biliary diseases.Gastrointest Endosc Clin North Am. 2011; 21: 405-433
- Treatment of biliary complications after laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Scand J Surg. 2011; 100: 42-48
- A novel biodegradable biliary stent in the endoscopic treatment of cystic-duct leakage after cholecystectomy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 65: 1063-1068
- Randomized multicenter study of multiple plastic stents vs. covered self-expandable metallic stent in the treatment of biliary stricture in chronic pancreatitis.Endoscopy. 2015; 47: 605-610
- Severe hyperplastic tissue stenosis of a novel biodegradable esophageal stent and subsequent successful management with high-pressure balloon dilation.Endoscopy. 2010; 42: E132-E133
- Biodegradable biliary stents have a different effect than covered metal stents on the expression of proteins associated with tissue healing in benign biliary strictures.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2016; 51: 880-885
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication. Research support for this study was provided by the Competitive State Research Financing of the Expert Responsibility Area of Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Siiki at [email protected] .