Background and Aims
Abbreviations:CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen), cPNET (cystic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor), EUS-FNA (EUS-guided FNA), IPMN (intraductal papillary neoplasm), MCN (mucinous cystic neoplasm), MFB (microforceps biopsy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pancreatic cystic neoplasms: diagnosis and management.Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2012; 41: 103-118
- Diagnosis and management of cystic lesions of the pancreas.J Gastrointest Oncol. 2015; 6: 375-388
- Cystic pancreatic neoplasms: imaging features and management strategy.Semin Roentgenol. 2013; 48: 253-263
- The use of EUS to diagnose cystic neoplasms of the pancreas.Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: S203-S209
- Endoscopic ultrasound and pancreatic cystic lesions-diagnostic and therapeutic applications.Endosc Ultrasound. 2012; 1: 75-79
- Diagnosis of pancreatic cystic neoplasms: a report of the cooperative pancreatic cyst study.Gastroenterology. 2004; 126: 1330-1336
- Cyst fluid carcinoembryonic antigen is an accurate diagnostic marker of pancreatic mucinous cysts.Pancreas. 2011; 40 ([published correction appears in Pancreas. 2013;42:728]): 1024-1028
- Cyst fluid carcino embryonic antigen concentration and cytology by endosonography-guided fine needle aspiration in predicting malignant pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasms.J Dig Dis. 2013; 14: 191-195
- High-grade atypical epithelial cells in pancreatic mucinous cysts are a more accurate predictor of malignancy than “positive” cytology.Cancer Cytopathol. 2010; 118: 434-440
- A combination of molecular markers and clinical features improve the classification of pancreatic cysts.Gastroenterology. 2015; 149: 1501-1510
- Pancreatic cysts: preoperative diagnosis and clinical management.Cancer Cytopathol. 2010; 118: 1-13
- Cytological criteria of high-grade epithelial atypia in the cyst fluid of pancreatic intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms.Cancer Cytopathol. 2014; 122: 40-47
- Cystic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: the value of cytology in pre-operative diagnosis.Cancer Cytopathology. 2014; 122: 435-444
- Esophageal adenocarcinoma in Barrett's esophagus after endoscopic ablative therapy: a meta-analysis and systematic review.Am J Gastroenterol. 2009; 104: 502-513
- Natural history of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: a critical review.Int J Gynecol Pathol. 1993; 12: 186-192
- Pancreatic cyst cytology: optimization of cancer risk profiling.Cancer Cytopathol. 2013; 121: 2-3
- The value of cyst fluid analysis in the pre-operative evaluation of pancreatic cysts.J Gastrointest Oncol. 2011; 2: 195-198
- Techniques for cytologic sampling of pancreatic and bile duct lesions: The Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Guidelines.Cytojournal. 2014; 11: 2
- False-negative rate of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration for pancreatic solid and cystic lesions with matched surgical resections as the gold standard: one institution's experience.Cancer Cytopathol. 2013; 121: 449-458
- Serous cystadenomas of the pancreas: diagnostic performance of imaging and fine needle aspiration biopsy.Cancer Cytopathol. 2008; 114: 102-110
Centeno BA, Stelow E, Pitman MB. Pancreatic cytohistology. Cytohistology of small tissue samples. Published in association with the Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology. KR Geisinger, MB Pitman, series editors. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press; 2015.
- Cystic neoplasia of the pancreas: pathology and biology.J Gastrointest Surg. 2008; 12: 401-404
- Acinar cell cystadenoma: a challenging cytology diagnosis, facilitated by moray(®) micro-forceps biopsy.Diagn Cytopathol. 2017; 45: 557-560
- Preoperative characteristics and cytological features of 136 histologically confirmed pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasms.Cancer. 2017; 125: 169-177
DISCLOSURE: O. Basar has received a grant from U.S. Endoscopy Group, Inc. D. Yang is a consultant for US Endoscopy. J. Samarasena is a consultant for US Endoscopy. C. DiMaio is a consultant and speaker for Boston Scientific and Medtronic. M. Wagh is a consultant for Boston Scientific and Medtronic. K. Chang is a consultant for Olympus and Cook Medical and a speaker for Medtronic. W. Brugge does research for Boston Scientific. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section, p. 159.