Abbreviations:NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug), PTC (percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography)
- Endoscopic cannulation of the ampulla of Vater: a preliminary report.Ann Surg. 1968; 167: 752-756
- Progress report. Cannulation of the papilla of Vater by endoscopy and retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP).Gut. 1972; : 1014-1025
Cook Medical. The Channel: 40 years of interventional ERCP. Available at: https://mobileportfolio.cookmedical.com/public/15334/15334. Accessed March 16, 2018.
- ERCP (Ensuring Really Competent Practice): enough words—action please!.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 1343-1345
- A survey of credentialing in the United States.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 86: 866-869
Cotton PB. Becker’s GI Endoscopy. Credentialing for ERCP must be improved. Available at: https://www.beckersasc.com/gastroenterology-and-endoscopy/credentialing-for-ercp-must-be-improved.html. Published July 26, 2017. Accessed April 1, 2018.
- Interventional gastroenterology (endoscopy) at the crossroads. a plea for restructuring in Digestive Diseases.Gastroenterology. 1994; 107: 294-299
DISCLOSURE: P. Cotton does consulting for Cook Medical, for which he receives royalties. He does consulting for Olympus America and is on the board of SE Healthcare. He has equity in Apollo Endosurgery and is a consultant for Orphomed. The author disclosed no other financial relationships relevant to this publication.