Background and Aims
Abbreviations:CFU (colony-forming unit), MDRO (multidrug-resistant organism), HLD (high-level disinfection)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Control of a multi-hospital outbreak of KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae type 2 in France, September to October 2009.Euro Surveill. 2010; 15: 19734
- Multidrug-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae outbreak after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography.Endoscopy. 2010; 42: 895-899
- New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase-producing carbapenem-resistant Escherichia coli associated with exposure to duodenoscopes.JAMA. 2014; 312: 1447-1455
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography-associated AmpC Escherichia coli outbreak.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015; 36: 634-642
- Early identification and control of carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae, originating from contaminated endoscopic equipment.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 562-564
- Withdrawal of a novel-design duodenoscope ends outbreak of a VIM-2-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Endoscopy. 2015; 47: 493-502
- Transmission of infection by flexible gastrointestinal endoscopy and bronchoscopy.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2013; 26: 231-254
- A quarantine process for the resolution of duodenoscope-associated transmission of multidrug-resistant Escherichia coli.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 477-483
- Risk of infection transmission in curvilinear array echoendoscopes: results of a prospective reprocessing and culture registry.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 390-397.e1
- Delayed processing of simulated duodenoscope and patient cultures yields viable bacteria.Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America Spring 2016 Conference, Atlanta2016
- Interim duodenoscope culture method.(Available at:)Accessed January 30, 2019)
- Randomized comparison of 3 high-level disinfection and sterilization procedures for duodenoscopes.Gastroenterology. 2017; 153: 1018-1025
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Supplemental measures to enhance duodenoscope reprocessing: FDA safety communication 2015. Available at: https://wayback.archiveit.org/7993/20170111065959/http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/ucm454766.htmAccessed January 30, 2019
- A randomized trial of single versus double high-level disinfection of duodenoscopes and linear echoendoscopes using standard automated reprocessing.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 88: 306-313
- Surveillance of guideline practices for duodenoscope and linear echoendoscope reprocessing in a large healthcare system.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 84: 392-399.e3
- A novel protocol obviates endoscope sampling for carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae: experience of a center with a prior outbreak.Dig Dis Sci. 2017; 62: 3100-3109
- Reply. Gastroenterology. 2018; 154: 1206-1207
DISCLOSURE: This study was supported in part by a grant from the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.