Background and Aims
Abbreviations:IHD (intrahepatic duct), MHS (malignant hilar biliary stricture), SBS (stent-by-stent), SEMS (self-expandable metal stent), SIS (stent-in-stent)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Endoscopic palliation of patients with biliary obstruction caused by nonresectable hilar cholangiocarcinoma: efficacy of self-expandable metallic Wallstents.Gastrointest Endosc. 2002; 56: 33-39
- Y-shaped endoscopic bilateral metal stent placement for malignant hilar biliary obstruction: prospective long-term study.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011; 46: 326-332
- Endoscopic bilateral deployment of multiple metallic stents for malignant hilar biliary strictures.Dig Endosc. 2013; 25: 75-80
- Endoscopic 3-branched partial stent-in-stent deployment of metallic stents in high-grade malignant hilar biliary stricture (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 66: 1030-1037
- Newly designed large cell Niti-S stent for malignant hilar biliary obstruction: a pilot study.Surg Endosc. 2011; 25: 463-467
- Technical tips and issues of biliary stenting, focusing on malignant hilar obstruction.Clin Endosc. 2013; 46: 260-266
- Primary and revision efficacy of cross-wired metallic stents for endoscopic bilateral stent-in-stent placement in malignant hilar biliary strictures.Endoscopy. 2013; 45: 106-113
- Technical feasibility and revision efficacy of the sequential deployment of endoscopic bilateral side-by-side metal stents for malignant hilar biliary strictures: a multicenter prospective study.Dig Dis Sci. 2013; 58: 547-555
- Endoscopic stenting for hilar cholangiocarcinoma: efficacy of unilateral and bilateral placement of plastic and metal stents in a retrospective review of 480 patients.BMC Gastroenterol. 2012; 12: 103
- Metallic stents are more efficacious than plastic stents in unresectable malignant hilar biliary strictures: a randomized controlled trial.J Hepatobil Pancreat Sci. 2013; 20: 214-222
- Side-by-side versus stent-in-stent deployment in bilateral endoscopic metal stenting for malignant hilar biliary obstruction.Dig Dis Sci. 2012; 57: 3279-3285
- Newly designed stent for endoscopic bilateral stent-in-stent placement of metallic stents in patients with malignant hilar biliary strictures: multicenter prospective feasibility study (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: 1357-1360
- Third metal stent for revision of malignant hilar biliary strictures.Endoscopy. 2016; 48: 1129-1133
- Usefulness of slimmer and open-cell-design stents for endoscopic bilateral stenting and endoscopic revision in patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 70: 1109-1115
- Asia-Pacific consensus recommendations for endoscopic and interventional management of hilar cholangiocarcinoma.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 28: 593-607
- High single-session success rate of endoscopic bilateral stent-in-stent placement with modified large cell Niti-S stents for malignant hilar biliary obstruction.Dig Endosc. 2014; 26: 93-99
- Unilateral versus bilateral endoscopic metal stenting for malignant hilar biliary obstruction.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009; 24: 552-557
- Initial performance profile of a new 6F self-expanding metal stent for palliation of malignant hilar biliary obstruction.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 632-636
- Topic controversies in the endoscopic management of malignant hilar strictures using metal stent: side-by-side versus stent-in-stent techniques.J Hepatobil Pancreat Sci. 2015; 22: 650-656
- A comparison of bilateral stenting methods for malignant hilar biliary obstruction.Hepatogastroenterology. 2012; 59: 341-346
- Simple prognostic model for patients with advanced cancer based on performance status.J Oncol Pract. 2014; 10: e335-e341
- Surgical management of hilar cholangiocarcinoma.Ann Surg. 2005; 241 (discussion 699-702): 693-699
- Staging, resectability, and outcome in 225 patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma.Ann Surg. 2001; 234 (discussion 517-9): 507-517
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- A comparison of bilateral side-by-side metal stents deployed above and across the sphincter of Oddi in the management of malignant hilar biliary obstruction.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2017; 51: 528-533
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section; p. 301.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Moon at: [email protected] .