Background and Aims
Abbreviations:360 Express (360 Express RFA balloon catheter), BE (Barrett’s esophagus), CI (confidence interval), DSMB (data and safety monitoring board), EID (esophageal inner diameter), ER (endoscopic resection), m-ITT (modified intention-to-treat), IQR (interquartile range), MEC (Medical Ethical Committee), RFA (radiofrequency ablation), SD (standard deviation), WLE (white-light endoscopy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Efficacy of radiofrequency ablation combined with endoscopic resection for Barrett’s esophagus with early neoplasia.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010; 8: 23-29
- Stepwise radical endoscopic resection versus radiofrequency ablation for Barrett’s oesophagus with high-grade dysplasia or early cancer: a multicenter multicenter trial.Gut. 2011; 60: 765-773
- Multimodality endoscopic eradication for neoplastic Barrett oesophagus: results of an European multicenter study (EURO-II).Gut. 2016; 65: 555-562
- Improvement over time in outcomes for patients undergoing endoscopic therapy for Barrett’s oesophagus-related neoplasia: 6-year experience from the first 500 patients treated in the UK patient registry.Gut. 2015; 64: 1192-1199
- Circumferential balloon-based radiofrequency ablation of Barrett’s esophagus with dysplasia can be simplified, yet efficacy maintained, by omitting the cleaning phase.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 491-498.e1
- A single step sizing and RFA catheter for circumferential ablation of BE: results of a pilot study.United European Gastroenterol J. 2018; 6: 990-999
- Predictive factors for initial treatment response after circumferential radiofrequency ablation for Barrett’s esophagus with early neoplasia: a prospective multicenter study.Endoscopy. 2013; 45: 516-525
- Systematic review comparing radiofrequency ablation and complete endoscopic resection in treating dysplastic Barrett’s esophagus: a critical assessment of histologic outcomes and adverse events.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 718-731
- Safety signal for the simple-double ablation regimen when using the Barrx™ 360 express RFA balloon catheter.Gastroenterology. 2017; 15: 614
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Bergman at [email protected]
DISCLOSURE: Dr Koch has received research support from Cook Medical and Interscope and speaker and consultancy fees from ErbeElektromedizin. Dr Weusten has received research support and speaker fees from Pentax Medical. Dr Schoon has received speaker and consultancy fees from Medtronic, Boston Scientific, and Olympus, and research support from Fujifilm. Dr Haidry has received research support from Cook Medical, Pentax Europe, Medtronic, Beamline Technologies, and C2 Therapeutics. Dr Pech has received speaker fees from Medtronic, Olympus, Fujifilm, Boston Scientific, Falk, AbbVie, Bristol Myers Squibb, and Creo Medical. Dr Bergman has received research support from Medtronic, Olympus Endoscopy, Cook Medical, Boston Scientific, Erbe Medical, C2 Therapeutic, and Ninepoint Medical, and consultancy fees from Cook Medical and Boston Scientific. Dr Bisschops has received research support from Pentax, Fujifilm, and Cook Medical, speaker fees from Medtronic and Pentax, and consultancy fees from Medtronic, Pentax, Fujifilm, and Boston Scientific. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section, p. 506.