Background and Aims
Abbreviations:ACG (American College of Gastroenterology), ADR (adenoma detection rate), AGA (American Gastroenterologic Association), ASA (American Society of Anesthesiologists), ASGE (American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- To err is human: building a safer health system.National Academy Press, Washington, DC2000
- Quality in the technical performance of colonoscopy and the continuous quality improvement process for colonoscopy: recommendations of the U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer.Am J Gastroenterol. 2002; 97: 1296-1308
- AGA Task Force on Quality in Practice: a national overview and implications for GI practice.Gastroenterology. 2005; 129: 361-369
- Quality indicators for colonoscopy.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 873-885
- Standardized colonoscopy reporting and data system (CO-RADS): report of the Quality Assurance Task Group of the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 65: 757-766
- Quality indicators for colonoscopy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 31-53
- Measure codes.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/medicare/quality-initiatives-patient-assessment-instruments/pqrs/measurescodes.htmlDate accessed: August 20, 2015
- Quality indicators for colonoscopy and the risk of interval cancer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1795-1803
- Adenoma detection rate and risk of colorectal cancer and death.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1298-1306
- Predicting ADR from PDR and individual adenoma-to-polyp-detection-rate ratio for screening and surveillance colonoscopies: a new approach to quality assessment.United European Gastroenterol J. 2017; 5: 742-749
- Analysis of administrative data finds endoscopist quality measures associated with post-colonoscopy colorectal cancer.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140: 65-72
- Guidelines for colonoscopy surveillance after screening and polypectomy: a consensus update by the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 844-857
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.