Abbreviations:GABA (gamma-hydroxy-butyrate), THC (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Variables influencing the depth of conscious sedation in plastic surgery: a prospective study.Arch Plast Surg. 2017; 44: 5-11
- Increase of paradoxical excitement response during propofol-induced sedation in hazardous and harmful alcohol drinkers.Br J Anaesth. 2011; 107: 930-933
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. World Drug Report 2018. United Nations publication, Sales No. E.18.XI.9; 2018.
- Temporal trends in marijuana attitudes, availability and use in Colorado compared to non-medical marijuana states: 2003–11.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2014; 140: 145-155
- Medical marijuana laws in 50 states: investigating the relationship between state legalization of medical marijuana and marijuana use, abuse and dependence.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2012; 120: 22-27
Statistics Canada. National cannabis survey, rirst quarter 2019. Available at: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/190502/dq190502a-eng.htm.
- Induction dose of propofol in patients using cannabis.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2009; 26: 192-195
- Propofol sedation is reduced by δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol in mice.Anesth Analg. 2008; 107: 102-106
- The inhibitory action of exo- and endocannabinoids on [3H]GABA release are mediated by both CB1 and CB2 receptors in the mouse hippocampus.Neurochem Int. 2012; 60: 145-152
- Anaesthetic consideration in a cannabis addict.J Coll Physicians Surg Pakistan. 2015; 25: S2-S3
- Marijuana use and outcomes in the bariatric population.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016; 12: s123
- The grass is not always greener: a multi-institutional pilot study of marijuana use and acute pain management following traumatic injury.Patient Saf Surg. 2018; 12: 1-8
- Effects of cannabis use on sedation requirements for endoscopic procedures.J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2019; 119: 307-311
- Diphenhydramine as an adjunct to sedation for colonoscopy: a double-blind randomized, placebo-controlled study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 63: 87-94
- Continued midazolam versus diphenhydramine in difficult-to-sedate patients: a randomized double-blind trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 1297-1303
- Evidence for the inhibition of transmitter release by cannabinoid receptors.TRENDS Pharmacol Sci. 2001; 22: 565-572
- Cannabinoids inhibit cholinergic contraction in human airways through prejunctional CB 1 receptors.Br J Pharmacol. 2014; : 2767-2777
- Acute and subacute bronchial effects of oral cannabinoids.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1984; 35: 26-32
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) serum concentrations and pharmacological effects in males after smoking a combination of tobacco and cannabis containing up to 69 mg THC.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2008; 201: 171-181
- Cardiovascular and metabolic considerations in prolonged cannabinoid administration in man.J Clin Pharmacol. 1981; 21: 214S-223S
- Adverse effects of cannabis.Lancet. 1998; 352: 1611-1616
- Surgical considerations of marijuana use in elective procedures.Heliyon. 2018; 4: e00779
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the in vivo haemodynamic effects of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol.Pharmaceuticals. 2018; 11: 1-19
- Cardiovascular effects of prolonged delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol ingestion.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1975; : 287-297
- Prolonged delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol ingestion effects of sympathomimetic amines and autonomic blockades.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1976; 21: 336-342