Abbreviations:AMA (American Medical Association), CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid), CPT (Current Procedural Terminology), GPCI (geographic practice cost index), PE (practice expense), RBRVS (Resource-Based Relative Value Scale), RUC (Relative Value Scale Update Committee), RVU (relative value unit)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- American Medical Association History.(Available at:)
- RBRVS overview.(Available at:)
- Estimating physicians’ work for a Resource-based Relative Value Scale.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 835-841
- The CPT code process.(Available at:)
- CPT code applications.(Available at:)
- RVS Update Committee.(Available at:)
- 2019 RVS updated process.(Available at:)
- Summary: 2019 Medicare physician fee schedule.(Available at:)
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.