Background and Aims
Abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), FNB (fine-needle biopsy), OR (odds ratio), RCT (randomized controlled trial), ROSE (rapid on-site evaluation), SEL (subepithelial lesion)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Indications, results, and clinical impact of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)-guided sampling in gastroenterology: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) clinical guideline—updated January 2017.Endoscopy. 2017; 49: 695-714
- Yield of tissue sampling for subepithelial lesions evaluated by EUS: a comparison between forceps biopsies and endoscopic submucosal resection.Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 64: 29-34
- Endoscopic management of gastrointestinal smooth muscle tumor.World J Gastroenterol. 2007; 13: 4897-4902
- Endoscopic band ligation of small gastric stromal tumors and follow-up by endoscopic ultrasonography.Surg Endosc. 2007; 21: 574-578
- Diagnostic yield of a novel jumbo biopsy unroofing technique for tissue acquisition of gastric submucosal masses.Endoscopy. 2011; 43: 849-855
- Histological diagnosis of gastric submucosal tumors: a pilot study of endoscopic ultrasonography-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy vs mucosal cutting biopsy.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 7: 1142-1149
- Diagnostic efficacy of endoscopic ultrasound-guided needle sampling for upper gastrointestinal subepithelial lesions: a meta-analysis.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 2431-2441
Facciorusso A, Bajwa HS, Menon K, et al. Comparison between 22G aspiration and 22G biopsy needles for EUS-guided sampling of pancreatic lesions: a meta-analysis. Endosc Ultrasound. Epub 2019 Apr 26.
- Clinical impact of EUS-guided Trucut biopsy results on decision making for patients with gastric subepithelial tumors ≥ 2 cm in diameter.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 1010-1018
- A comprehensive review of endoscopic ultrasound core biopsy needles.Expert Rev Med Devices. 2018; 15: 127-135
- A meta-analysis of endoscopic ultrasound-fine-needle aspiration compared to endoscopic ultrasound-fine-needle biopsy: diagnostic yield and the value of onsite cytopathological assessment.Endosc Int Open. 2017; 5: E363-E375
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.Int J Surg. 2010; 8: 336-341
- Cochrane Bias Methods Group; Cochrane Statistical Methods Group. The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
- The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta-analyses.(Available at:)http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.htmDate accessed: May , 2019
Higgins JPT, Green S (editors). Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available at: www.cochrane-handbook.org. Accessed on May 2, 2019.
- In memoriam: fine-needle aspiration, birth: fine-needle biopsy: the changing trend in endoscopic ultrasound-guided tissue acquisition.Dig Endosc. 2019; 31: 197-202
- Diagnostic ability of a 22G Franseen needle in endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of subepithelial lesions.Mol Clin Oncol. 2018; 9: 527-531
- Comparison of FNA and fine-needle biopsy for EUS-guided sampling of suspected GI stromal tumors.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 86: 510-515
- EUS-guided FNA and FNB after on-site cytological evaluation in gastric subepithelial tumors.J Dig Dis. 2016; 17: 582-587
- High clinical impact and diagnostic accuracy of EUS-guided biopsy sampling of subepithelial lesions: a prospective, comparative study.Surg Endosc. 2018; 32: 1304-1313
- Impact of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle biopsy on the diagnosis of subepithelial tumors: a propensity score-matching analysis.Dig Endosc. 2019; 31: 156-163
- Randomized crossover trial comparing EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration with EUS-guided fine-needle biopsy for gastric subepithelial tumors.Diagn Cytopathol. 2018; 46: 228-233
- Comparison of 22-gauge aspiration needle with 22-gauge biopsy needle in endoscopic ultrasonography-guided subepithelial tumor sampling.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2014; 49: 347-354
- Comparison of histologic core portions acquired from a core biopsy needle and a conventional needle in solid mass lesions: a prospective randomized trial.Gut Liver. 2017; 11: 559-566
- Comparison of endoscopic ultrasound-fine-needle aspiration and endoscopic ultrasound-fine-needle biopsy for solid lesions in a multicenter, randomized trial.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 16: 1307-1313
- Recent advancement in EUS-guided fine needle sampling.J Gastroenterol. 2019; 54: 377-387
- How to measure quality in endoscopic ultrasound.Ann Transl Med. 2018; 6: 266
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.