Background and Aims
Abbreviations:CDS (choledochoduodenostomy), ERC (endoscopic retrograde cholaniography), EUS-BD (EUS-guided biliary drainage), FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration), HGS (hepaticogastrostomy), PTBD (percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage), RDV (rendezvous)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Efficacy and safety of EUS-guided biliary drainage in comparison with percutaneous biliary drainage when ERCP fails: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 904-914
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided biliary drainage: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Dig Dis Sci. 2016; 61: 684-703
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided bilioduodenal anastomosis: a new technique for biliary drainage.Endoscopy. 2001; 33: 898-900
- A multi-institution consensus on how to perform EUS-guided biliary drainage for malignant biliary obstruction.Endosc Ultrasound. 2018; 7: 356-365
- EUS-guided hybrid rendezvous technique as salvage for standard rendezvous with intra-hepatic bile duct approach.PLoS One. 2018; 13: e0202445
- Early precut fistulotomy for biliary access: time to change the paradigm of “the later, the better”?.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 80: 634-641
- Papillary cannulation and sphincterotomy techniques at ERCP: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) clinical guideline.Endoscopy. 2016; 48: 657-683
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Endoscopic ultrasonography-guided rendezvous technique.Dig Endosc. 2016; 28: 96-101
- Endoscopic ultrasound-assisted bile duct access and drainage: multicenter, long-term analysis of approach, outcomes, and complications of a technique in evolution.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2014; 48: 80-87
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided biliary drainage for benign biliary diseases.Clin Endosc. 2019; 52: 212-219
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of the biliary system: techniques, indications and future perspectives.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 11: 103-114
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships relevant to this publication: M. Ryou: Consultant for Covidien/Medtronic, GI Windows, Pentax, Fuji, Olympus, and EnteraSense; research support from Olympus. P. C. Benias: Consultant for Covidien/Medtronic. V. Kumbhari: Consultant for Covidien/Medtronic, Pentax Medical, Boston Scientific, Apollo Endosurgery, and Obalon; research support from Apollo Endosurgery and Erbe USA.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Kumbhari at [email protected]