Background and Aims
Abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), HR (hazard ratio), LES (lower esophageal sphincter), POEM (peroral endoscopic myotomy), PPI (proton pump inhibitor)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Achalasia - an update.J Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2010; 16: 232-242
- Achalasia. Lancet. 2014; 383: 83-93
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) for esophageal achalasia.Endoscopy. 2010; 42: 265-271
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy for esophageal achalasia.Ann Surg. 2016; 263: 82-87
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy for achalasia cardia: treatment analysis and follow up of over 200 consecutive patients at a single center.Dig Endosc. 2016; 28: 19-26
- The effect of prior treatment on clinical outcomes in patients with achalasia undergoing peroral endoscopic myotomy.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 307-316
- Long-term outcomes of per-oral endoscopic myotomy in patients with achalasia with a minimum follow-up of 2 years: an international multicenter study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 927-933.e2
- Outcomes of per-oral endoscopic myotomy for treatment of esophageal achalasia with a median follow-up of 49 months.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 1405-1412.e3
- Clinical response to peroral endoscopic myotomy in patients with idiopathic achalasia at a minimum follow-up of 2 years.Gut. 2016; 65: 899-906
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) for esophageal primary motility disorders: analysis of 100 consecutive patients.J Gastrointest Surg. 2014; 19: 161-170
- Per-oral endoscopic myotomy: a series of 500 patients.J Am Coll Surg. 2015; 221: 256-264
- Pre-treatment Eckardt score is a simple factor for predicting one-year peroral endoscopic myotomy failure in patients with achalasia.Surg Endosc. 2016; 31: 3234-3241
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy for esophageal achalasia: outcomes of the first over 100 patients with short-term follow-up.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 4817-4826
- A validated risk model to predict 90-day VTE events in postsurgical patients.Chest. 2014; 145: 567-573
- Clinical and endoscopic predictors for intraprocedural mucosal injury during per-oral endoscopic myotomy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: 769-778
- Major perioperative adverse events of peroral endoscopic myotomy: a systematic 5-year analysis.Endoscopy. 2016; 48: 967-978
- Development of the GerdQ, a tool for the diagnosis and management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in primary care.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 30: 1030-1038
- External validation of a Cox prognostic model: principles and methods.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2013; 13: 33
DISLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section; p. 162.