Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AOV (ampulla of Vater), CBD (common bile duct), MB (multibending), POC (peroral cholangioscopy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Peroral cholangioscopy: diagnostic and therapeutic applications.Gastroenterology. 2013; 144: 276-282
- Cholangiopancreatoscopy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 84: 209-221
- Direct peroral cholangioscopy for diagnosis of bile duct lesions using an I-SCAN ultraslim endoscope: a pilot study.Endoscopy. 2017; 49: 675-681
- Intraductal balloon-guided direct peroral cholangioscopy with an ultraslim upper endoscope (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 70: 297-302
- Types of peroral cholangioscopy: how to choose the most suitable type of cholangioscopy.Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2016; 14: 210-219
- Overtube-balloon-assisted direct peroral cholangioscopy by using an ultra-slim upper endoscope (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 69: 935-940
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Digital, single-operator cholangiopancreatoscopy in the diagnosis and management of pancreatobiliary disorders: a multicenter clinical experience (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 84: 649-655
- A newly modified access balloon catheter for direct peroral cholangioscopy by using an ultraslim upper endoscope (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 83: 240-247
- Is single-operator peroral cholangioscopy a useful tool for the diagnosis of indeterminate biliary lesion? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 79-87
- Per-oral video cholangiopancreatoscopy with narrow-band imaging for the evaluation of indeterminate pancreaticobiliary disease.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 509-517
- Intraductal biliopancreatic imaging: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) technology review.Endoscopy. 2015; 47: 739-753
- Randomized trial of cholangioscopy-guided laser lithotripsy versus conventional therapy for large bile duct stones (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 1050-1060
- Direct peroral cholangioscopy using an ultraslim upper endoscope for management of residual stones after mechanical lithotripsy for retained common bile duct stones.Endoscopy. 2012; 44: 819-824
- Direct transnasal cholangioscopy with ultraslim endoscopes: a one-step intraductal balloon-guided approach.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 309-316
- Efficacy and safety of direct transnasal cholangioscopy with standard ultraslim endoscopes: results of a large cohort study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 88-94
- Prospective randomized comparison of short-access mother-baby cholangioscopy versus direct cholangioscopy with ultraslim gastroscopes.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 78: 609-616
- Clinical evaluation of a prototype multi-bending peroral direct cholangioscope.Dig Endosc. 2014; 26: 100-107
- Direct retrograde cholangioscopy with a new prototype double-bending cholangioscope.Endoscopy. 2016; 48: 929-933
- Clinical feasibility of direct peroral cholangioscopy-guided photodynamic therapy for inoperable cholangiocarcinoma performed by using an ultra-slim upper endoscope (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: 808-813
- Current status of peroral cholangioscopy in biliary tract diseases.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 7: 510-517
- Air embolism complicated by left hemiparesis after direct cholangioscopy with an intraductal balloon anchoring system.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 75: 221-223
- Development of fatal systemic gas embolism during direct peroral cholangioscopy under carbon dioxide insufflation.Endoscopy. 2016; 48: E215-E216
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication. Research support for this study was provided by the SoonChunHyang University Research Fund and Olympus Medical Systems, Japan (ultra-slim endoscopes CHF-Y0010 and GIF-XP290) to JH Moon and YN Lee.
See CME section; p. 162.