Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AI (artificial intelligence), CAD (computer-assisted diagnosis), ESCC (esophageal squamous cell carcinoma), FN (false negative), FP (false positive), IPCL (intrapapillary capillary loops), NBI (narrow-band imaging), ROC (receiver operating characteristic), TN (true negative), TP (true positive), WCH (West China Hospital)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Esophageal carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 2499-2509
- Genomic comparison of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and its precursor lesions by multi-region whole-exome sequencing.Nat Commun. 2017; 8: 524
- Usefulness of non-magnifying narrow-band imaging in screening of early esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a prospective comparative study using propensity score matching.Am J Gastroenterol. 2014; 109: 845-854
- Significance of background coloration in endoscopic detection of early esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.Digestion. 2014; 89: 6-11
- Prospective evaluation of narrow-band imaging endoscopy for screening of esophageal squamous mucosal high-grade neoplasia in experienced and less experienced endoscopists.Dis Esophagus. 2010; 23: 480-486
- Rate of missed oesophageal cancer at routine endoscopy and survival outcomes: a multicentric cohort study.United European Gastroenterol J. 2019; 7: 189-198
- Development and validation of a deep-learning algorithm for the detection of polyps during colonoscopy.Nat Biomed Eng. 2018; 2: 741-748
- Application of artificial intelligence using a convolutional neural network for detecting gastric cancer in endoscopic images.Gastric Cancer. 2018; 21: 653-660
- An efficient diagnostic strategy for small, depressed early gastric cancer with magnifying narrow-band imaging: a post-hoc analysis of a prospective randomized controlled trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 55-63
- Artificial intelligence diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection using blue laser imaging-bright and linked color imaging: a single-center prospective study.Ann Gastroenterol. 2018; 31: 462-468
- Diagnostic outcomes of esophageal cancer by artificial intelligence using convolutional neural networks.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: 25-32
- Computer-assisted diagnosis of early esophageal squamous cell carcinoma using narrow-band imaging magnifying endoscopy.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 333-341
- Computer-aided detection of early Barrett's neoplasia using volumetric laser endomicroscopy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 86: 839-846
- Update on the paris classification of superficial neoplastic lesions in the digestive tract.Endoscopy. 2005; 37: 570-578
- Quality endoscopists and quality endoscopy units.J Interv Gastroenterol. 2011; 1: 83-87
- Real-time differentiation of adenomatous and hyperplastic diminutive colorectal polyps during analysis of unaltered videos of standard colonoscopy using a deep learning model.Gut. 2019; 68: 94-100
- Screening for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: recent advances.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 88: 413-426
DISCLOSURE: Drs Xiao and Liu are employees and shareholders of Shanghai Wision AI Co Ltd. Drs Z. Zhang, Li, and Wang are employees of Shanghai Wision AI Co Ltd. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.