Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AC (acute cholangitis), CI (confidence interval), IHM (in-hospital mortality), LOS (length of stay), MD (mean difference), OR (odds ratio)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute cholangitis: current concepts.ANZ J Surg. 2017; 87: 554-559
- Acute cholangitis.Surg Clin North Am. 1990; 70: 1297-1312
- Definitions, pathophysiology, and epidemiology of acute cholangitis and cholecystitis: Tokyo Guidelines.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2007; 14: 15-26
- Diagnosis and management of acute cholangitis.Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2011; 13: 166-172
- TG13: Updated Tokyo Guidelines for the management of acute cholangitis and cholecystitis.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2013; 20: 1-7
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151 (W64): 264-269
- Early biliary drainage is associated with favourable outcomes in critically-ill patients with acute cholangitis.Prz Gastroenterol. 2018; 13: 16-21
- Outcomes associated with timing of ERCP in acute cholangitis secondary to choledocholithiasis.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2018; 52: e97-e102
- Optimal timing of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in acute cholangitis.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2017; 51: 534-538
- Delayed endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography is associated with persistent organ failure in hospitalised patients with acute cholangitis.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2015; 42: 212-220
- Acute cholangitis: does the timing of ERCP alter outcomes?.JOP. 2016; 17: 504-509
- Sa1520 Early ERCP is safe and cost-effective in the treatment of mild to moderate acute cholangitis [abstract].Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 73: AB195
- Early vs late endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in patients with acute cholangitis: a nationwide analysis.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 11: 41-53
- Association between early ERCP and mortality in patients with acute cholangitis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 185-192
- Management for CBD stone-related mild to moderate acute cholangitis: urgent versus elective ERCP.Dig Dis Sci. 2013; 58: 2082-2087
- Urgent ERCP for acute cholangitis reduces mortality and hospital stay in elderly and very elderly patients.Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2016; 15: 619-625
- Clinical application and verification of the TG13 diagnostic and severity grading criteria for acute cholangitis: an international multicenter observational study.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2017; 24: 329-337
- Effectiveness of ERCP in cholangitis: a community-based study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2000; 52: 484-489
- Delayed and unsuccessful endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography are associated with worse outcomes in patients with acute cholangitis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 10: 1157-1161
- Timing of ERCP and outcomes of patients with acute cholangitis and choledocholithiasis: a nationwide population based study [abstract].Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: AB354
- Delay in performing ERCP and adverse events increase the 30-day readmission risk in patients with acute cholangitis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 78: 81-90
- Weekend vs. weekday admissions for cholangitis requiring an ERCP: comparison of outcomes in a national cohort.Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111: 405-410
- Weekend admission for acute cholangitis does not adversely impact clinical or endoscopic outcomes.Dig Dis Sci. 2016; 61: 53-61
- No association of timing of endoscopic biliary drainage with clinical outcomes in patients with non-severe acute cholangitis.Dig Dis Sci. 2018; 63: 1937-1945
DISCLOUSRE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section; p. 943.