Background and Aims
Abbreviations:ASGE (American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy), NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug), PEP (post-ERCP pancreatitis), PPS (prophylactic pancreatic duct stent placement)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence rates of post-ERCP complications: a systematic survey of prospective studies.Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 1781-1788
- Risk factors for post-ERCP pancreatitis in high- and low-volume centers and among expert and non-expert operators: a prospective multicenter study.Am J Gastroenterol. 2010; 105: 1753-1761
- Adverse events associated with ERCP.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 32-47
- Prophylaxis of post-ERCP pancreatitis: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) guideline updated June 2014.Endoscopy. 2014; 46: 799-815
- ERCP in Portugal: a wide survey on the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis and papillary cannulation techniques.Portug J Gastroenterol. 2019; 26: 14-23
- UK wide survey on the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis.Frontline Gastroenterol. 2014; 5: 103-110
- Prophylaxis of post-ERCP pancreatitis: a practice survey.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 934-939
- A randomized trial of rectal indomethacin to prevent post-ERCP pancreatitis.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1414-1422
- Rectal indomethacin does not prevent post-ERCP pancreatitis in consecutive patients.Gastroenterology. 2016; 150: 911-917
- Routine pre-procedural rectal indomethacin versus selective post-procedural rectal indomethacin to prevent pancreatitis in patients undergoing endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: a multicenter, single-blinded, randomized controlled trial.Lancet. 2016; 387: 2293-2301
- Rectal indomethacin reduces pancreatitis in high- and low-risk patients undergoing endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography.Gastroenterology. 2016; 151: 288-297
- Rectal nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs administration is effective for the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis: an updated meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Pancreatology. 2017; 17: 681-688
- Defining the difficult ERCP: performance of the ASGE (modified Schutz) scoring system in a prospectively studied cohort of 5264 procedures [Abstract].Gastrointest Endosc. 2006; 63: AB87
- Does prophylactic pancreatic stent placement reduce the risk of post-ERCP acute pancreatitis? A meta-analysis of controlled trials.Gastrointest Endosc. 2004; 60: 544-550
- Quality assessment of ERCP: Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopacreatography.Gastrointest Endosc. 2002; 56: 165-169
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis: a meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 76: 1152-1159
- Prophylactic pancreatic stent placement and post-ERCP pancreatitis: an updated meta-analysis.J Gastroenterol. 2014; 49: 343-355
- Rectal indomethacin alone versus indomethacin and prophylactic pancreatic stent placement for preventing pancreatitis after ERCP: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2016; 17: 120
- Selecting, designing, and developing your questionnaire.BMJ. 2004; 328: 1312-1315
- Current concepts in validity and reliability for psychometric instruments: theory and application.Am J Med. 2006; 119 (166.e7-16)
- Guidelines for developing, translating, and validating a questionnaire in perioperative and pain medicine.Saudi J Anaesth. 2017; 11: S80-S89
- Exploring physician specialist response rates to web-based surveys.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2015; 15: 4-11
DISCLOSURE: The following author disclosed financial relationships relevant to this publication: M. Arain: Consultant for Boston Scientific and Olympus. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Dai at [email protected] .