Background and Aims
Abbreviations:GCSI (Gastroparesis Cardinal Symptom Index), Gp (gastroparesis), GPOEM (gastric peroral endoscopic pyloromyotomy), POEM (peroral endoscopic myotomy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Gastroparesis-related hospitalizations in the United States: trends, characteristics, and outcomes, 1995–2004.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 313-322
- The incidence, prevalence, and outcomes of patients with gastroparesis in Olmsted County, Minnesota, from 1996 to 2006.Gastroenterology. 2009; 136: 1225-1233
- Gastric peroral endoscopic myotomy for refractory gastroparesis: first human endoscopic pyloromyotomy (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 5: 764-768
- Gastric per-oral endoscopic myotomy for refractory gastroparesis: results from the first multicenter study on endoscopic pyloromyotomy (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 123-128
- Gastroparesis: current opinions and new endoscopic therapies.Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2019; 29: xv-xvi
- Endoscopic pyloromyotomy via a gastric submucosal tunnel dissection for the treatment of gastroparesis after surgical vagal lesion.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 80: 164
- Endoscopic pyloromyotomy for postesophagectomy gastric outlet obstruction.Endoscopy. 2014; 46: E345-E346
- Endoscopic pyloromyotomy: a new concept of minimally invasive surgery for pyloric stenosis.Endoscopy. 2012; 44: 169-173
- Gastric peroral endoscopic myotomy for the treatment of refractory gastroparesis: a multicenter international experience.Endoscopy. 2018; 50: 1053-1058
- Per oral endoscopic pyloromyotomy for refractory gastroparesis: initial results from a single institution.Surg Endosc. 2017; 31: 5381-5388
- Association between duration or etiology of gastroparesis and clinical response after gastric per-oral endoscopic pyloromyotomy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: 969-976
- Gastric peroral endoscopic pyloromyotomy reduces symptoms, increases quality of life, and reduces health care use for patients with gastroparesis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019; 17: 82-89
- Outcomes and quality-of-life assessment after gastric per-oral endoscopic pyloromyotomy (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 86: 282-289
- G-POEM with antro-pyloromyotomy for the treatment of refractory gastroparesis: mid-term follow-up and factors predicting outcome.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 46: 364-370
- Long term outcome of gastric per oral endoscopic pyloromyotomy in treatment of gastroparesis: a single center experience [abstract].Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: AB102
- Outcomes of per oral endoscopic pyloromyotomy in gastroparesis worldwide.World J Gastroenterol. 2019; 25: 909-922
- Peroral endoscopic pyloromyotomy is efficacious and safe for refractory gastroparesis: prospective trial with assessment of pyloric function.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 40-49
- Gastric peroral endoscopic myotomy (G-POEM) as a treatment for refractory gastroparesis: long-term outcomes.Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 2018: 6409698
- Evaluation of gastrointestinal transit in clinical practice: position paper of the American and European Neurogastroenterology and Motility Societies.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2011; 23: 8-23
- Depleted interstitial cells of Cajal and fibrosis in the pylorus: novel features of gastroparesis.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2016; 28: 1048-1054
- Pyloric dysfunction in diabetics with recurrent nausea and vomiting.Gastroenterology. 1986; 90: 1919-1925
- Laparoscopic and endoscopic pyloroplasty for gastroparesis results in sustained symptom improvement.J Gastrointest Surg. 2011; 15: 1513-1519
- Refractory gastroparesis can be successfully managed with endoscopic transpyloric stent placement and fixation (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 1106-1109
- Cellular changes in diabetic and idiopathic gastroparesis.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140: 1575-15785 e8
- Outcome and quality of lefe assessment after per oral endosocpic myotomy (POEM) performed in the endosocooy unit with trainees.Surg Endosc. 2018; 32: 3046-3054
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Cai at [email protected] .
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.