Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), CP (chronic pancreatitis), EA-ERP (enteroscopy-assisted endoscopic retrograde pancreatography), ECE-LAMS (electrocautery-enhanced lumen-apposing metal stent), ERP (endoscopic retrograde pancreatography), EUS-PDD (endoscopic ultrasound-guided pancreatic duct drainage), IQR (interquartile range), MPD (main pancreatic duct), PG (pancreaticogastrostomy), PJS (pancreaticojejunostomy stenosis), TMP-EHL (transmural (anterograde) pancreatoscopy with electrohydraulic lithotripsy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- United European Gastroenterology evidence-based guidelines for the diagnosis and therapy of chronic pancreatitis (HaPanEU).United European Gastroenterol J. 2017; 5: 153-199
- Endoscopic or surgical intervention for painful obstructive chronic pancreatitis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; : CD007884
- Effect of surgery for chronic pancreatitis on pancreatic function: pancreatico-jejunostomy and duodenum-preserving resection of the head of the pancreas.Surgery. 2004; 135: 125-130
- An international multicenter study comparing EUS-guided pancreatic duct drainage with enteroscopy-assisted endoscopic retrograde pancreatography after Whipple surgery.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 170-177
- Endoscopic ultrasonography-guided pancreatic duct drainage after failed endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in patients with malignant and benign pancreatic duct obstructions.Dig Endosc. 2013; 25: 109-116
- EUS-guided pancreatic duct intervention: outcomes of a single tertiary-care referral center experience.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 78: 854-864
- EUS-guided pancreaticogastrostomy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2002; 56: 128-133
- EUS-guided pancreaticogastrostomy: analysis of its efficacy to drain inaccessible pancreatic ducts.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 65: 224-230
- EUS-guided pancreatogastrostomy and pancreatobulbostomy for the treatment of pain in patients with pancreatic ductal dilatation inaccessible for transpapillary endoscopic therapy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 65: 233-241
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided transluminal drainage of pancreatic duct obstruction: long-term outcome.Endoscopy. 2011; 43: 518-525
- Single-operator, single-session EUS-guided anterograde cholangiopancreatography in failed ERCP or inaccessible papilla.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 75: 56-64
- Initial experience with EUS-guided cholangiopancreatography for biliary and pancreatic duct drainage: a Spanish national survey.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 76: 1133-1141
- Endoscopic ultrasonography-guided drainage for patients with symptomatic obstruction and enlargement of the pancreatic duct.World J Gastroenterol. 2015; 21: 13140-13151
- EUS-guided pancreatic drainage for pancreatic strictures after failed ERCP: a multicenter international collaborative study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 85: 164-169
- Antegrade pancreatoscopy via EUS-guided pancreaticogastrostomy allows removal of obstructive pancreatic duct stones.Endosc Int Open. 2018; 6: E735-E738
- Anterograde endoscopic ultrasound-guided pancreatic duct drainage: a technical review.Dig Dis Sci. 2019; 64: 1770-1781
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Pancreatoscopy-directed electrohydraulic lithotripsy for pancreatic ductal stones in painful chronic pancreatitis using SpyGlass.Pancreas. 2017; 46: 528-530
- Single-operator EUS-guided cholangiopancreatography for difficult pancreaticobiliary access (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2009; 70: 471-479
- Feasibility and safety of a fully covered self-expandable metal stent with antimigration properties for EUS-guided pancreatic duct drainage: early and midterm outcomes (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 83: e362
- Six-year retrospective analysis of endoscopic ultrasonography-guided pancreatic ductal interventions at a tertiary referral center.Dig Endosc. 2020; 32: 409-416
- Mechanism, assessment and management of pain in chronic pancreatitis: Recommendations of a multidisciplinary study group.Pancreatology. 2016; 16: 83-94
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided pancreatic duct intervention and pancreaticogastrostomy using a novel cross-platform technique with small-caliber devices.Endosc Int Open. 2020; 08: E196-E202
- Effect of pancreatic duct stent diameter on hospitalization in chronic pancreatitis: does size matter?.Pancreas. 2009; 38: 728-731
- Endoscopic pancreatic stent drainage in chronic pancreatitis and a dominant stricture: long-term results.Endoscopy. 1995; 27: 638-644
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Krafft at [email protected] .
DISCLOSURE: Dr James receives research and training support in part by a grant from the NIH (T32DK007634). Dr Baron has done consultancy work for Boston Scientific, Cook Endoscopy, W.L. Gore, and Olympus America. Dr Nasr is a consultant for Boston Scientific. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships relevant to this publication.
See CME section; p. 1122.