Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), APC (argon plasma coagulation), BE (Barrett’s esophagus), CBA (cryoballoon ablation), CbFAS (C2 Cryoballoon Focal Ablation System), DA (duodenal adenoma), ESD (endoscopic submucosal dissection), FAP (familial adenomatous polyposis), HGD (high-grade dysplasia), IQR (interquartile range), SDA (sporadic duodenal adenoma)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Endoscopic ultrasound evaluation in the surgical treatment of duodenal and peri-ampullary adenomas.World J Gastroenterol. 2013; 19: 511-515
- Sporadic nonampullary duodenal adenoma in the natural history of duodenal cancer: a study of follow-up surveillance.Am J Gastroenterol. 2011; 106: 357
- Duodenal surveillance improves the prognosis after duodenal cancer in familial adenomatous polyposis.Colorectal Dis. 2012; 14: 947-952
- Surgical management for advanced duodenal adenomatosis and duodenal cancer in Dutch patients with familial adenomatous polyposis: a nationwide retrospective cohort study.Surgery. 2012; 151: 681-690
- Clinical outcome of EMR of sporadic, nonampullary, duodenal adenomas: a 10-year retrospective.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 1270-1278
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of large and giant lateral spreading lesions of the duodenum: success, adverse events, and long-term outcomes.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 84: 688-696
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial duodenal neoplasms.Dig Endosc. 2009; 21: 270-274
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for sessile, nonampullary duodenal adenomas.Endoscopy. 2013; 45: 133-135
- Treatment of duodenal adenomas with endoscopic argon plasma coagulation.ANZ J Surg. 2007; 77: 371-373
- Multifocal nitrous oxide cryoballoon ablation with or without EMR for treatment of neoplastic Barrett’s esophagus (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 88: 438-446.e2
- Focal cryoballoon versus radiofrequency ablation of dysplastic Barrett’s esophagus: impact on treatment response and postprocedural pain.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 88: 795-803.e2
- Prospective study of endoscopic focal cryoballoon ablation for esophageal squamous cell neoplasia in China.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 90: 204-212
- Nitrous oxide cryotherapy ablation for refractory gastric antral vascular ectasia.United European Gastroenterol J. 2018; 6: 1155-1160
- A novel device for ablation of abnormal esophageal mucosa (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 182-188
- Mechanisms of cryoablation: clinical consequences on malignant tumors.Cryobiology. 2014; 68: 1-11
- Nitrous oxide cryotherapy for treatment of esophageal squamous cell neoplasia: initial multicenter international experience with a novel portable cryoballoon ablation system (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 574-581
- Feasibility and safety of endoscopic cryoablation at the duodenal papilla: Porcine model.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 7: 728-735
- Cryoablation of a duodenal adenoma with intramucosal carcinoma.VideoGIE. 2017; 2: 244-246
- Nonampullary duodenal polyps: characteristics and endoscopic management.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 754-759
- Efficacy and long-term outcome of endoscopic treatment of sporadic nonampullary duodenal adenoma.Gut Liver. 2010; 4: 373-377
- Endoscopic resection of sporadic duodenal adenomas: an efficient technique with a substantial risk of delayed bleeding.Endoscopy. 2008; 40: 806-810
- Therapeutic outcomes of endoscopic resection for superficial non-ampullary duodenal tumor.Dig Endosc. 2014; 26: 50-56
- Endoscopic resection of duodenal neoplasms: a single-center study.Surg Endosc. 2010; 24: 3195-3200
- Usefulness of endoscopic treatment for duodenal adenoma.Dig Endosc. 2010; 22: 360-365
- Usefulness and safety of endoscopic treatment for nonampullary duodenal adenoma and adenocarcinoma.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014; 29: 1692-1698
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Canto at [email protected] .
DISCLOSURE: Dr Canto has received research grants from Pentax Medical and Endogastric Solutions, has ownership interest (royalties) in UpToDate, and has served as a consultant for Exigo Management Consultants and Exact Science. Dr Trindade has received a research grant from Ninepoint Medical and has served as a consultant for Pentax Medical and Olympus. Dr Diehl has served as a consultant for Pentax Medical, Olympus, Cook Medical, Boston Scientific, and Medtronic. Dr Thosani is consultant for Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, and Pentax America; receives royalties from UpToDate; and is a speaker for Abbvie. Dr Khara has received a research grant from and has served as a consultant for Pentax Medical. Dr Benias is associated with Olympus, Fujinon, Medtronic, and Apollo Endosurgery. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.