Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AE (adverse event), CUSUM (cumulative sum), EUS-GE (EUS-guided gastroenterostomy), GOO (gastric outlet obstruction), LAMS (lumen-apposing metal stent), LC (learning curve)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Morbidity-associated factors after gastrojejunostomy for malignant gastric outlet obstruction.Am Surg. 2007; 73: 871-875
- Self-expanding metal stents for gastroduodenal malignancies: systematic review of their clinical effectiveness.Endoscopy. 2004; 36: 543-550
- Surgical gastrojejunostomy or endoscopic stent placement for the palliation of malignant gastric outlet obstruction (SUSTENT study): a multicenter randomized trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 490-499
- Enteral stenting versus gastrojejunostomy for palliation of malignant gastric outlet obstruction.Surg Endosc. 2013; 27: 2068-2075
- The role of endoscopy in gastroduodenal obstruction and gastroparesis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2011; 74: 13-21
- Clinical review of EUS-guided gastroenterostomy (EUS-GE).J Clin Gastroenterol. 2020; 54: 1-7
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided gastroenterostomy using novel tools designed for transluminal therapy: a porcine study.Endoscopy. 2012; 44: 499-503
- EUS-guided gastroenterostomy: the first U.S. clinical experience (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 932-938
- Prospective evaluation of endoscopic ultrasonography-guided double-balloon-occluded gastrojejunostomy bypass (EPASS) for malignant gastric outlet obstruction.Gut. 2016; 65: 193-195
- EUS-guided gastrojejunostomy after failed enteral stenting.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 1011-1012
- EUS-guided gastrojejunostomy for management of complete gastric outlet obstruction.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 745
- EUS-guided gastroenterostomy versus enteral stent placement for palliation of malignant gastric outlet obstruction.Surg Endosc. 2019; 33: 3404-3411
- EUS-guided gastroenterostomy is comparable to enteral stenting with fewer re-interventions in malignant gastric outlet obstruction.Surg Endosc. 2017; 31: 2946-2952
- International multicenter comparative trial of endoscopic ultrasonography-guided gastroenterostomy versus surgical gastrojejunostomy for the treatment of malignant gastric outlet obstruction.Endosc Int Open. 2017; 5: E275-E281
- EUS-guided gastrojejunostomy versus laparoscopic gastrojejunostomy: an international collaborative study.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2017; 51: 896-899
- Efficacy and safety of EUS-guided gastroenterostomy for benign and malignant gastric outlet obstruction: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Endosc Int Open. 2019; 7: E1474-E1482
- Consensus guidelines on the optimal management in interventional EUS procedures: results from the Asian EUS group RAND/UCLA expert panel.Gut. 2018; 67: 1209-1228
- EUS-guided gastroenterostomy: a multicenter study comparing the direct and balloon-assisted techniques.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 1215-1221
- Durability and long-term outcomes of direct EUS-guided gastroenterostomy using lumen-apposing metal stents for gastric outlet obstruction.Endosc Int Open. 2019; 7: E144-E150
- EUS-guided gastroenterostomy: techniques from East to West.VideoGIE. 2019; 5: 48-50
- The learning curve of an academic cardiac surgeon: use of the CUSUM method.J Card Surg. 1999; 14 (discussion 321-2): 312-320
- Cusum as an aid to early assessment of the surgical trainee.Br J Surg. 1995; 82: 1500-1503
- comprehensive evaluation of the learning curve for peroral endoscopic myotomy.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 16: 1420-1426
- Analysis of the learning curve for peroral endoscopic myotomy for esophageal achalasia: single-center, two-operator experience.Dig Endosc. 2017; 29: 299-306
- The light at the end of the tunnel: a single-operator learning curve analysis for per oral endoscopic myotomy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 1181-1187
- How many peroral endoscopic myotomy procedures are necessary for proficiency?.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 16: 1393-1397
- Peroral endoscopic esophageal myotomy: defining the learning curve.Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 77: 719-725
- Learning curve for peroral endoscopic myotomy.Endosc Int Open. 2016; 4: E577-E582
- EUS-guided biliary drainage for postsurgical anatomy.Endosc Ultrasound. 2019; 8: S57-S66
- The status of training in new technologies in advanced endoscopy: from defining competence to credentialing and privileging.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 92: 1016-1025
- EUS core curriculum.Gastrointest Endosc. 2012; 76: 476-481
- Setting minimum standards for training in EUS and ERCP: results from a prospective multicenter study evaluating learning curves and competence among advanced endoscopy trainees.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: 1160-1168
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships: V. Kumbhari: Consultant for Medtronic, Pentax Medical, Boston Scientific, FujiFilm, and Apollo Endosurgery; research support from Apollo Endosurgery and ERBE USA. M. A. Khashab: Consultant for Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Olympus America, and Medtronic; Advisory board for Boston Scientific and Olympus America. S. Ngamruengphong, Consultant for Boston Scientific. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.
See CME section, p. 1171.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Khashab at [email protected] .