Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AGA (American Gastroenterology Association), AI (artificial intelligence), AUC (area under the receiver operating characteristic curve), CAD (computer-aided diagnosis), CI (confidence interval), CNN (convolutional neural network), HBM (holistic-based model), HGD-Ca (high-grade dysplasia and/or adenocarcinoma), IPMN (intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm), LGD (low- or intermediate-grade dysplasia), LR (likelihood ratio), nCLE (needle-based confocal laser endomicroscopy), PCL (pancreatic cystic lesion), ROI (region of interest), SBM (segmentation-based model), SD (standard deviation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Systematic review and meta-analysis: prevalence of incidentally detected pancreatic cystic lesions in asymptomatic individuals.Pancreatology. 2019; 19: 2-9
- Early detection of pancreatic cancer: opportunities and challenges.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156: 2024-2040
- International consensus guidelines 2012 for the management of IPMN and MCN of the pancreas.Pancreatology. 2012; 12: 183-197
- American Gastroenterological Association Institute guideline on the diagnosis and management of asymptomatic neoplastic pancreatic cysts.Gastroenterology. 2015; 148: 819-822
- ACG Clinical Guideline: diagnosis and management of pancreatic cysts.Am J Gastroenterol. 2018; 113: 464-479
- Revisions of international consensus Fukuoka guidelines for the management of IPMN of the pancreas.Pancreatology. 2017; 17: 738-753
- Branch duct intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms: does cyst size change the tip of the scale? A critical analysis of the revised international consensus guidelines in a large single-institutional series.Ann Surg. 2013; 258: 466-475
- A multimodality test to guide the management of patients with a pancreatic cyst.Sci Transl Med. 2019; 11eaav4772
- American gastroenterological association technical review on the diagnosis and management of asymptomatic neoplastic pancreatic cysts.Gastroenterology. 2015; 148: 824-848.e22
- A comprehensive examination of the novel techniques used for in vivo and ex vivo confocal laser endomicroscopy of pancreatic cystic lesions.VideoGIE. 2016; 1: 6-7
- Diagnosis of pancreatic cysts: EUS-guided, through-the-needle confocal laser-induced endomicroscopy and cystoscopy trial: DETECT study.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 1204-1214
- A pilot study of in vivo identification of pancreatic cystic neoplasms with needle-based confocal laser endomicroscopy under endosonographic guidance.Endoscopy. 2013; 45: 1006-1013
- Needle-based confocal laser endomicroscopy of pancreatic cystic lesions: a prospective multicenter validation study in patients with definite diagnosis.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 825-835
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided confocal laser endomicroscopy increases accuracy of differentiation of pancreatic cystic lesions.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 432-440 e6
- In vivo and ex vivo confocal endomicroscopy of pancreatic cystic lesions: a prospective study.World J Gastroenterol. 2017; 23: 3338-3348
- Needle-based confocal laser endomicroscopy for the diagnosis of pancreatic cystic lesions: an international external interobserver and intraobserver study (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 86: 644-654.e2
- EUS-guided confocal laser endomicroscopy: prediction of dysplasia in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 551-563.e5
- EUS-guided confocal laser endomicroscopy: can we use thick and wide for diagnosis of early cancer?.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 564-567
- Deep learning to classify intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms using magnetic resonance imaging.Pancreas. 2019; 48: 805-810
- Radiomics for the diagnosis and differentiation of pancreatic cystic lesions.Diagnostics (Basel). 2020; 10: 505
- A revised classification system and recommendations from the Baltimore consensus meeting for neoplastic precursor lesions in the pancreas.Am J Surg Pathol. 2015; 39: 1730
Paszke A, Gross S, Massa F, et al. PyTorch: an imperative style, high-performance deep learning library. Proceedings of Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 32, Vancouver, BC, Canada; 2019:8024-8035.
Simonyan K, Zisserman A. Very deep convolutional networks for large-scale image recognition. arXiv:14091556 2014.
- Radiomics: the bridge between medical imaging and personalized medicine.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2017; 14: 749-762
- Mask R-CNN. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV).2017: 2961-2969 (Venice)
- Comparison of the diagnostic accuracy of three current guidelines for the evaluation of asymptomatic pancreatic cystic neoplasms.Medicine (Baltimore). 2017; 96: e7900
- Validation of Sendai and Fukuoka consensus guidelines in predicting malignancy in patients with preoperatively diagnosed mucinous pancreatic cystic neoplasms.J Surg Oncol. 2018; 117: 409-416
- American Gastroenterological Association guidelines are inaccurate in detecting pancreatic cysts with advanced neoplasia: a clinicopathologic study of 225 patients with supporting molecular data.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 83: 1107-1117.e2
- Endosonographic diagnosis of advanced neoplasia in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms.World J Gastroenterol. 2020; 26: 3201-3212
DISCLOSURE: Dr Krishna is principal investigator of an investigator-initiated study. The study is funded in part by a grant to The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center from Mauna Kea Technologies, Paris, France. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.