Background and Aims
Abbreviations:LAPC (locally advanced pancreatic cancer), PDT (photodynamic therapy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Endoscopic management of pancreatobiliary neoplasms.Gastroenterology. 2018; 154: 1947-1963
- EUS-guided photodynamic therapy with verteporfin for ablation of normal pancreatic tissue: a pilot study in a porcine model (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2008; 67: 957-961
- Photodynamic therapy expands its horizons.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1997; 89: 112-114
- Long-term survival following endoscopic and surgical treatment of high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus.Gastroenterology. 2007; 132: 1226-1233
- Photodynamic therapy with porfimer sodium for ablation of high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus: international, partially blinded, randomized phase III trial.Gastrointest Endosc. 2005; 62: 488-498
- Phase 1 study of EUS-guided photodynamic therapy for locally advanced pancreatic cancer.Gastrointest Endosc. 2019; 89: 390-398
- Cytoreductive surgery for pancreatic cancer improves overall outcome of gemcitabine-based chemotherapy.Pancreas. 2015; 44: 930-936
Higa JT, Hwang JH. History of ablative therapies for Barrett’s and superficial adenocarcinoma. In: Pleskow DK, Erim T, editors. Barrett's esophagus: emerging evidence for improved clinical practice. Cambridge, Mass: Academic Press; 2016. p. 133-49.
- Phase I/II study of verteporfin photodynamic therapy in locally advanced pancreatic cancer.Br J Cancer. 2014; 110: 1698-1704
EORTC. EORTC QLQ-C30 (version 3). Questionnaires: quality of life of cancer patients. Volume 2020, 1995. Available at: https://www.eortc.org/app/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/Specimen-QLQ-C30-English.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2020.
Administration UFaD. Photofrin injection—highlights of prescribing information. Volume 2020, 2011. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/020451s020lbl.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2020.
Bamfield P, Hutchings MG. Phenomena involving absorption of light and energy transfer. Chromic phenomena: technological applications of colour chemistry. London: 2nd ed. Royal Society of Chemistry Publishing; 2010. p. 366-470.
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of verteporfin.J Clin Pharmacol. 2002; 42: 547-557
- Verteporfin- and sodium porfimer-mediated photodynamic therapy enhances pancreatic cancer cell death without activating stromal cells in the microenvironment.J Biomed Opt. 2019; 24: 1-11
- Synergistic effect of verteporfin-PDT with gemcitabine on pancreatic cancer cell death in-vitro.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156 (S-761)
- Verteporfin-based photodynamic therapy overcomes gemcitabine insensitivity in a panel of pancreatic cancer cell lines.Lasers Surg Med. 2011; 43: 565-574
- Synergetic anticancer effect of combined gemcitabine and photodynamic therapy on pancreatic cancer in vivo.World J Gastroenterol. 2009; 15: 737-741
- Photodynamic therapy synergizes with irinotecan to overcome compensatory mechanisms and improve treatment outcomes in pancreatic cancer.Cancer Res. 2016; 76: 1066-1077
- Preoperative EUS-guided FNA: effects on peritoneal recurrence and survival in patients with pancreatic cancer.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 88: 926-934
- Lower frequency of peritoneal carcinomatosis in patients with pancreatic cancer diagnosed by EUS-guided FNA vs. percutaneous FNA.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 58: 690-695
- Construction and validation of a prognostic index for patients with metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma.Pancreas. 2011; 40: 415-421
- Combination of photodynamic therapy (PDT) and anti-tumor immunity in cancer therapy.J Pharm Invest. 2018; 48: 143-151
DISCLOSURE: The following author received research support in part for this study from the University College London Hospitals/University College London Comprehensive Biomedical Centre, which receives a proportion of funding from the UK Department of Health's National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre funding scheme: S. P. Pereira. In addition, the following author disclosed financial relationships: K. K. Wang: Research support from Fuji Medical and CSI; consultant for Ironwood Pharmaceuticals. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships. Research support for this study was provided by the National Institutes of Health grant P01 CA084203. None of these organizations were involved in the statistical analysis, interpretation of the results, or writing of this manuscript.