Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AC (acute cholecystitis), ERGD (ERCP-guided transpapillary gallbladder drainage), GB (gallbladder)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surgeon volume metrics in laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Dig Dis Sci. 2010; 55: 2398-2405
- Tokyo guidelines 2018: surgical management of acute cholecystitis: safe steps in laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis (with videos).J Hepatobil Pancreat Sci. 2018; 25: 73-86
- Mortality after open cholecystectomy in patients with cirrhosis of the liver: a population-based study in Denmark.Eur J Surg. 2001; 167: 679-683
- Mortality after a cholecystectomy: a population-based study.HPB (Oxford). 2015; 17: 239-243
- Percutaneous cholecystostomy: a bridge to surgery or definite management of acute cholecystitis in high-risk patients?.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2008; 43: 593-596
- Endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage: 10-year single center experience.Min Gastroenterol Dietol. 2008; 54: 107-113
- Comparable efficacy of endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage and percutaneous transhepatic gallbladder drainage in acute cholecystitis.Endosc Int Open. 2018; 6: E594-E601
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided gallbladder drainage, transpapillary drainage, or percutaneous drainage in high risk acute cholecystitis patients: a systematic review and comparative meta-analysis.Endoscopy. 2020; 52: 96-106
- Predicting the success of endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage for patients with acute cholecystitis during pretreatment evaluation.Can J Gastroenterol. 2008; 22: 681-685
- Endoscopic gallbladder drainage for acute cholecystitis.Clin Endosc. 2015; 48: 411-420
- Surgical outcomes of ERCP-guided transpapillary gallbladder drainage versus percutaneous cholecystostomy as bridging therapies for acute cholecystitis followed by interval cholecystectomy.HPB (Oxford). 2020; 22: 996-1003
- A lexicon for endoscopic adverse events: report of an ASGE workshop.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 71: 446-454
- Safety and clinical outcomes of endoscopic ultrasound-guided gallbladder drainage with lumen-apposing metal stents in patients with dwell time over one year.Ann Gastroenterol. 2019; 32: 514-521
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided transmural stenting for gallbladder drainage in high-risk patients with acute cholecystitis: a systematic review and pooled analysis.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 5200-5208
- Successful cholecystectomy after endoscopic ultrasound gallbladder drainage compared with percutaneous cholecystostomy: Can it be done?.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2019; 53: 231-235
- Cost effectiveness of endoscopic gallbladder drainage to treat acute cholecystitis in poor surgical candidates.Surg Endosc. 2019; 33: 3567-3577
- Selective cannulation of the cystic duct at time of ERCP.J Clin Gastroenterol. 1984; 6: 37-40
- Endoscopic transpapillary drainage of gallbladder empyema.Gastrointest Endosc. 1990; 36: 523-525
- Endoscopic gallbladder stenting for acute cholecystitis: a retrospective study of 46 elderly patients aged 65 years or older.BMC Gastroenterol. 2013; 13: 65
- Endoscopic gallbladder drainage of patients with acute cholecystitis.Endoscopy. 2007; 39: 304-308
- Single-operator peroral cholangioscopy cystic duct cannulation for transpapillary gallbladder stent placement in patients with acute cholecystitis at moderate to high surgical risk (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 92: 634-644
- Radiation doses to patients during ERCP.Gastrointest Endosc. 2001; 53: 161-164
DISCLOSURE: The following author received research support for this study from the Mayo Clinic John Berry Fellowship Grant: A. C. Storm. In addition, the following authors disclosed financial relationships: A. C. Storm: Research support from Boston Scientific; consultant for Erbe. B. K. Abu Dayyeh: Speaker for Medtronic, Olympus, and Johnson & Johnson; consultant for Boston Scientific; research support from Medtronic and Boston Scientific. B. T. Petersen: Research support from Boston Scientific and Ambu consultant for Olympus America. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Storm at [email protected]
See CME section; p. 849.