Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AZV (azygos vein), CTPV (CT portal venography), CYA (cyanoacrylate), EGV (esophagogastric varices), GFV (gastric fundal varices), GRS (gastrorenal shunt), LGV (left gastric vein), LIPV (left inferior phrenic vein), PSE (partial splenic embolization), PV (portal vein), SGV (short gastric vein)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Improved prognosis of cirrhosis patients with esophageal varices and thrombocytopenia treated by endoscopic variceal ligation plus partial splenic embolization.Dig Dis Sci. 2006; 51: 352-358
- Partial splenic embolization in the treatment of hypersplenism.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1979; 132: 777-782
- Splenic arterial interventions: anatomy, indications, technical considerations, and potential complications.Radiographics. 2005; 25: S191-S211
- Therapeutic effects of endoscopic variceal ligation combined with partial splenic embolization for portal hypertension.World J Gastroenterol. 2004; 10: 1072-1074
- Simultaneous combined balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration and partial splenic embolization for gastric fundal varices.United Eur Gastroenterol J. 2016; 4: 62-69
- Partial splenic embolization for hypersplenism in cirrhosis: a long-term outcome in 62 patients.Dig Liver Dis. 2009; 41: 411-416
- A novel therapeutic strategy for esophageal varices using endoscopic treatment combined with splenic artery embolization according to the Child-Pugh classification.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0223153
- Partial splenic embolization combined with endoscopic therapies and NSBB decreases the variceal rebleeding rate in cirrhosis patients with hypersplenism: a multicenter randomized controlled trial.Hepatol Int. 2021; 15: 741-752
- EUS-guided coil versus cyanoacrylate therapy for the treatment of gastric varices: a multicenter study (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 78: 711-721
- EUS-guided treatment of gastric fundal varices with combined injection of coils and cyanoacrylate glue: a large U.S. experience over 6 years (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 83: 1164-1172
- EUS-guided coil embolization for refractory ectopic variceal bleeding (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2008; 67: 572-574
- Partial splenic embolization through endoscopic ultrasound-guided implantation of coil as a potential technique to treat portal hypertension.Endoscopy. 2021; 53: E40-E41
- Evaluation of treatment response after endoscopic variceal obturation with abdominal computed tomography.Gut Liver. 2020; 14: 117-124
- Efficacy of CTPV for diagnostic and therapeutic assessment: comparison with endoscopy in cirrhotic patients with gastroesophageal varices.Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2020; (2016:6268570)
- Multidetector CT anatomy of drainage routes of gastric varices: a pictorial review.Radiographics. 2013; 33: 87-100
- Transcatheter obliteration of gastric varices. Part 1. Anatomic classification.Radiographics. 2003; 23: 911-920
- Branches of the splenic artery and splenic arterial segments.Clin Anat. 2003; 16: 371-377
- Endoscopic cyanoacrylate injection with or without lauromacrogol for gastric varices: a randomized pilot study.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 32: 631-638
- A comprehensive review of portosystemic collaterals in cirrhosis: historical aspects, anatomy, and classifications.Int J Hepatol. 2016; (2016:6170243)
- Validity of four pain intensity rating scales.Pain. 2011; 152: 2399-2404
- Partial splenic embolization in the treatment of patients with portal hypertension: a review of the English language literature.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2007; 18: 463-481
- Gastric varices: profile, classification, and management.Am J Gastroenterol. 1989; 84: 1244-1249
- Pathomorphology of esophageal and gastric varices.Semin Liver Dis. 2002; 22: 73-82
- Sonographic diagnosis of hepatic vascular disorders.Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 1995; 16: 34-48
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships. Research support for this study was provided in part by grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (81974077) received by Dr Qian, and Funding of Health and Family Planning Commission of Hubei province (WJ2019M133) received by Dr Zhen-gang Zhang.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: We worked to ensure that the language of the study questionnaires reflected inclusion.