Background and Aims
Abbreviations:AI (artificial intelligence), AUC (area under the receiver operating characteristic curve), BS (biliary stricture), CI (confidence interval), CNN (convolutional neural network), DSOC (digital single-operator cholangioscopy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management of hilar biliary strictures.Am J Gastroenterol. 2008; 103: 458-473
- Patients with obstructive jaundice and biliary stricture ± mass lesion on imaging: prevalence of malignancy and potential role of EUS-FNA.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2013; 47: 532-537
- Biliary strictures: endoscopic assessment and management.Frontline Gastroenterol. 2017; 8: 133-137
- Evaluation of indeterminate biliary strictures: Is there life on MARS?.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 92: 320-322
- Sensitivity of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography standard cytology: 10-y review of the literature.J Surg Res. 2013; 184: 304-311
- Comparative effectiveness of biliary brush cytology and intraductal biopsy for detection of malignant biliary strictures: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 168-176
- How SpyGlass™ may impact endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography practice and patient management.GE Port J Gastroenterol. 2018; 25: 132-137
- Digital single-operator peroral cholangioscopy-guided biopsy sampling versus ERCP-guided brushing for indeterminate biliary strictures: a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 1105-1113
- Efficacy of digital single-operator cholangioscopy and factors affecting its accuracy in the evaluation of indeterminate biliary stricture.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 91: 385-393
- Interobserver agreement for single operator choledochoscopy imaging: Can we do better?.Diagn Ther Endosc. 2014; 2014: 1-4
- Automated identification of diabetic retinopathy using deep learning.Ophthalmology. 2017; 124: 962-969
- Dermatologist-level classification of skin cancer with deep neural networks.Nature. 2017; 542: 115-118
- Gastroenterologist-level identification of small-bowel diseases and normal variants by capsule endoscopy using a deep-learning model.Gastroenterology. 2019; 157: 1044-1054
- Performance of artificial intelligence in colonoscopy for adenoma and polyp detection: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2021; 93: 77-85
- Digital single-operator cholangioscopy (DSOC) improves interobserver agreement (IOA) and accuracy for evaluation of indeterminate biliary strictures: the Monaco classification.J Clin Gastroenterol. Epub 2020 Feb 7;
- Scikit-learn: machine learning in Python.J Machine Learn Res. 2011; 12: 2825-2830
- Application of artificial intelligence to gastroenterology and hepatology.Gastroenterology. 2020; 158: 76-94
- Utilisation of artificial intelligence for the development of an EUS-convolutional neural network model trained to enhance the diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis.Gut. 2020; 70: 1335-1344
- Quantitative contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS in differential diagnosis of focal pancreatic masses (with videos).Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 59-69
- Efficacy of digital single-operator cholangioscopy in the visual interpretation of indeterminate biliary strictures: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Surg Endosc. 2020; 34: 3321-3329
- Efficacy and safety of digital single-operator cholangioscopy in the diagnosis of indeterminate biliary strictures by targeted biopsies: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Diagnostics (Basel). 2020; 10: 1-11
- Digital, single-operator cholangiopancreatoscopy in the diagnosis and management of pancreatobiliary disorders: a multicenter clinical experience (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 84: 649-655
- Is single-operator peroral cholangioscopy a useful tool for the diagnosis of indeterminate biliary lesion? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 82: 79-87
- Vascularity can distinguish neoplastic from non-neoplastic bile duct lesions during digital single-operator cholangioscopy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2021; 93: 935-941
- Reliability and accuracy of a novel classification system using peroral cholangioscopy for the diagnosis of bile duct lesions.Endoscopy. 2018; 50: 1059-1070
- Form-vessel classification of cholangioscopy findings to diagnose biliary tract carcinoma's superficial spread.Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21: 1-13
DISCLOSURE: All authors disclosed no financial relationships. Research support for this study was provided by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT) for computational costs related to this study through grant CPCA/A0/7363/2020. This entity had no role in study design, data collection, data analysis, preparation of the manuscript, or publishing decision.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: We worked to ensure sex balance in the selection of nonhuman subjects. One or more of the authors of this article self-identifies as an under-represented gender minority in science. The author list of this article includes contributors from the location where the research was conducted who participated in the data collection, design, analysis, and/or interpretation of the work.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Saraiva at [email protected] .