Background and Aims
Abbreviations:2L PEG (2 L polyethylene glycol + ascorbate), ADR (adenoma detection rate), BBPS (Boston Bowel Preparation Scale), LCL (lower confidence limit), mITT (modified intention-to-treat), PDR (polyp detection rate), PEG (polyethylene glycol), PP (per-protocol), TEAE (treatment-emergent adverse event)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Bowel preparation for colonoscopy: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) guideline—update 2019.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 775-794
- Patient experience with NER1006 as a bowel preparation for colonoscopy: a prospective, multicenter US survey.BMC Gastroenterol. 2021; 21: 70
- Quality assessment of colonoscopic cecal intubation: an analysis of 6 years of continuous practice at a university hospital.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 721-731
- Colon cleansing efficacy and safety with 1 L NER1006 versus 2 L polyethylene glycol + ascorbate: a randomized phase 3 trial.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 60-72
- Colon cleansing efficacy and safety with 1 L NER1006 versus sodium picosulfate with magnesium citrate: a randomized phase 3 trial.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 73-84
- Novel 1 L polyethylene glycol-based bowel preparation NER1006 for overall and right-sided colon cleansing: a randomized controlled phase 3 trial versus trisulfate.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 87: 677-687
- Effectiveness of very low-volume preparation for colonoscopy: a prospective, multicenter observational study.World J Gastroenterol. 2020; 26: 1950-1961
- Prevalence and risk factors of colorectal cancer in Asia.Intest Res. 2019; 17: 317-329
- Comprehensive validation of the Boston Bowel Preparation Scale.Gastrointest Endosc. 2010; 72: 686-692
- A survey on colonoscopy shows poor understanding of its protective value and widespread misconceptions across Europe.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0233490
- Quantification of adequate bowel preparation for screening or surveillance colonoscopy in men.Gastroenterology. 2016; 150: 396-405
- The effect of the bowel preparation status on the risk of missing polyp and adenoma during screening colonoscopy: a tandem colonoscopic study.Clin Endosc. 2012; 45: 404-411
- Modifiable factors associated with patient-reported pain during and after screening colonoscopy.Gut. 2018; 67: 1958-1964
- Factors associated with shorter colonoscopy surveillance intervals for patients with low-risk colorectal adenomas and effects on outcome.Gastroenterology. 2017; 152: 1933-1943
- Impact of bowel preparation on efficiency and cost of colonoscopy.Am J Gastroenterol. 2002; 97: 1696-1700
- Patient compliance and suboptimal bowel preparation with split-dose bowel regimen in average-risk screening colonoscopy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 79: 811-820
- Risk factors for inadequate colonoscopy bowel preparations in African Americans and whites at an urban medical center.South Med J. 2014; 107: 220-224
- Quality indicators for colonoscopy.Gastrointest Endosc. 2015; 81: 31-53
- The current capacity and quality of colonoscopy in Korea.Intest Res. 2019; 17: 119-126
DISCLOSURE: The following author disclosed financial relationships: S. N. Hong: Speaker and advisory board for KoreaPharm. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships. Research support for this study was provided by KoreaPharma Co, Ltd, Seoul, Korea.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: We worked to ensure ethnic or other types of diversity in the recruitment of human subjects. One or more of the authors of this article self-identifies as an under-represented ethnic minority in science.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Jeen at [email protected]