Background and Aims
Abbreviations:EMR-MM (EMR with margin marking before resection), ESD (endoscopic submucosal dissection), IQR (interquartile range), OR (odds ratio), SC (surveillance colonoscopy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Colonoscopic polypectomy and long-term prevention of colorectal-cancer deaths.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 687-696
- Cost-analysis of endoscopic mucosal resection vs. surgery for large laterally spreading colorectal lesions.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 14: 271-278
- Actual endoscopic versus predicted surgical mortality for treatment of advanced mucosal neoplasia of the colon.Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 80: 668-676
- Treatment with argon plasma coagulation reduces recurrence after piecemeal resection of large sessile colonic polyps: a randomized trial and recommendations.Gastrointest Endosc. 2002; 55: 371-375
- Endoscopic mucosal resection outcomes and prediction of submucosal cancer from advanced colonic mucosal neoplasia.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140: 1909-1918
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of 161 cases of large sessile or flat colorectal polyps.Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007; 42: 859-866
- Risk factors associated with adenoma recurrence following cold snare endoscopic mucosal resection of polyps ≥ 20 mm: a retrospective chart review.Endosc Int Open. 2021; 9: E867-E873
- Thermal ablation of mucosal defect margins reduces adenoma recurrence after colonic endoscopic mucosal resection.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156: 604-613
- Outcomes of thermal ablation of the mucosal defect margin after endoscopic mucosal resection: a prospective, international, multicentre trial of 1000 large non-pedunculated colorectal polyps.Gastroenterology. 2021; 161: 163-170
- Incidence of microscopic residual adenoma after complete wide-field endoscopic resection of large colorectal lesions: evidence for a mechanism of recurrence.Gastrointest Endosc. 2021; 94: 368-375
- Long-term adenoma recurrence following wide-field endoscopic mucosal resection (WF-EMR) for advanced colonic mucosal neoplasia is infrequent: results and risk factors in 1000 cases from the Australian Colonic EMR (ACE) study.Gut. 2015; 64: 57-65
- Is ablation of the endoscopic mucosal resection margin the new standard for colorectal polyps?.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156: 546-548
- Guidelines for colonoscopy surveillance after screening and polypectomy: a consensus update by the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer.Gastroenterology. 2012; 143: 844-857
- Recommendations for follow-up after colonoscopy and polypectomy: a consensus update by the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer.Gastroenterology. 2020; 158: 1131-1153
- Deep mural injury and perforation after colonic endoscopic mucosal resection: a new classification and analysis of risk factors.Gut. 2017; 66: 1779-1789
- A retrospective comparative study of argon plasma versus polypectomy snare tip coagulation: effect on recurrence rate after resection of large laterally spreading type lesions.Ann Gastroenterol. 2019; 32: 178-184
- Prophylactic snare tip soft coagulation and its impact on adenoma recurrence after colonic endoscopic mucosal resection.Dig Dis Sci. 2019; 64: 3300-3306
- Endoscopic mucosal resection: learning curve for large nonpolypoid colorectal neoplasia.Gastrointest Endosc. 2016; 84: 959-968
- Endoscopic scar assessment after colorectal endoscopic mucosal resection scars: When is biopsy necessary (EMR Scar Assessment Project for Endoscope (ESCAPE) trial).Gut. 2019; 68: 1633-1641
DISCLOSURE: The following authors disclosed financial relationships: D. Yang: Consultant for Boston Scientific, Olympus, Lumendi, and Steris. P. V. Draganov: Consultant for Olympus, Boston Scientific, Cook Medical, Merit, Microtech, Steris, Lumendi, and Fujifilm. H. Pohl: Research grants from Steris and Cosmo/Aries Pharmaceuticals. All other authors disclosed no financial relationships.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: We worked to ensure gender balance in the recruitment of human subjects. We worked to ensure ethnic or other types of diversity in the recruitment of human subjects. One or more of the authors of this paper self-identifies as an under-represented gender minority in science. One or more of the authors of this paper self-identifies as an under-represented ethnic minority in science. The author list of this paper includes contributors from the location where the research was conducted who participated in the data collection, design, analysis, and/or interpretation of the work.
If you would like to chat with an author of this article, you may contact Dr Yang at [email protected] .
See CME section, p. 1001.